Chapter 4

Fluke POV

Tommy is starting to look like he is getting back to normal. It has been a couple weeks since that terrible nightmare, and luckily, he hasn't had another one. Well, I haven't left his side since he had the nightmare, so Tommy hasn't had the chance to have another one.

I have talked with the elders, along with the Supreme Elder, hoping to find some kind of solution for Tommy. However, we weren't able to come up with anything. Of course, the Supreme Elder only gave me another riddle, but I haven't been able to figure it out. So, it isn't any help either.

Through the years, I have been getting really good at her riddles, but this one has me stumped. How do the stars being aligned help me in figuring out what to do?

Ugh....

I wish this is something that Copter could just put his hands on Tommy and heal Tommy. Unfortunately, Copter can only heal physical injuries and not emotional or psychological injuries. That would make it so easy.

Shane nudges my arm as we walk down the hallway towards the canteen. "Hey, is it safe to plan our little celebration for beginning our second year at college? Or do we have to wait a little bit longer?"

Dee, who is walking on the other side of Shane, peaks around Shane's chest and looks at me. "Yeah. Can we finally go? I really want to go there, and it is killing me that everyone else has gone, but not us."

I turn towards my other side, where Tommy is walking. Luckily, he has been paying attention to our conversation, but he still has a blank look on his face. I'm going to take a guess that he isn't quite ready, but we have to start taking baby steps to get him back on track.

Isn't the old saying that you have learn to crawl before you can walk? Well, this would be like him learning to crawl.

Since Tommy isn't saying anything, I turn back towards Shane and Dee. "Sure. How about this Saturday evening? Let's get there before it gets too crowded, then Tommy and I can leave when it starts to fill up."

Dee instantly flashes us a smile. "Yes! Now I just have to figure out what to wear!"

At the same time, Shane also has a smile pop across his face. "Thanks, man. I'll make sure to keep watch over Tommy, so no one messes with him. If I have to, I'll use my werewolf abilities."

Well, I don't think that things will get to that point, but I'm glad that he is willing to protect Tommy. Plus, I think Tommy and me can figure out what is going to happen sooner by reading everyone's minds if needed.

I smile back at Dee and Shane. "Okay. Is 7pm too early? I don't want to get there too late and the place already be filled."

Bouncing in front of Shane and flashing a brilliant smile, Dee chimes, "7 sounds good."

Shane nods his head. "Yep. Let's go with 7pm, and I'll pick everyone up. We don't need to take multiple cars."

A low growl comes from Tommy. 

Well, I don't think he likes the idea of all of us in one car. I have to agree. Didn't I just get done telling them that Tommy and I would leave first, and that Shane and Dee can stay longer?

I shake my head. "No. Tommy and I will go in one car and you two can go in another. If we take one car, then we all have to leave at the same time, which isn't going to happen. When Tommy says that he needs to leave, we will go. We can't wait around for you two to finally feel like leaving."