FOUR

Word Count: 1695

~Kiva

I don't hesitate, turning back toward the door, only to find it locked.

Panic spreads through me like a plague. The murderer in my room is clearly to blame for the way the door has magically locked. Regardless, I shake and pull at the handle, to no avail.

Slowly, I turn back around. Keo smirks at me.

"How..." I break off, voice sounding strangled.

"Something upset you?" He asks, as if his presence alone is terrifying, whether I know about him or not. I don't even want to think about how he got in here in the first place...

"You're a Demon," I say slowly, the words sounding strange coming out of my mouth.

Now that I'm looking at him, I see it. Of course he's a Demon. You don't look like him and not have something sinister going on behind the façade.

"So the idiots over there told you, did they?" He tilts his head to the side.

His smile is amused, but his dark eyes are cold. He isn't here to entertain me, he's here for a very specific reason and it may just be to murder me.

When I don't respond, he sighs. "What am I saying, it's not as if I didn't hear."

"You heard?"

He grins, kicking his legs off the bed as he stands. "I hear everything, Toven."

My breath hitches. Next to me, is my desk, and on it, is a pair of sissors that I could stab him with if he suddenly advances on me, but it's not as if it would do me much good.

But if I get to scar his flawless skin before my death, I would be satisfied.

"Please let me go," I whisper, realising I sound pathetic, but what else can I do?

"You're terrified of me. What they said worked then, huh?" He shoves his hands in his pockets, striding back and forth in front of me.

"Are you going to kill me?" I'm talking through my dry mouth at this point.

I'll get on my knees and beg for my life if I have to.

"Not quite," he says softly, although I don't believe him. He's playing with his food, enjoying the terror in my eyes as I stare back at him.

"If you let me go, I won't tell them you're here, I swear," I breathe. I won't. I'll return and act as though nothing happened, and agree to go with them so there is no risk of me being in this situation ever again.

He rubs his hand over the surface of my desk, picking up and examining some of the paper on it. He's not going to find anything incriminating, I live a normal life. I teach children, I do nothing I shouldn't do...

"I need something from you, first," he murmurs.

"What?"

"I need your help." He looks up at me past his black eyelashes. There is no hint of teasing in his expression now, although he doesn't seem desperate enough for me to believe him.

Because what could a man with all the power in the world need with me?

"I can't help you," I tell him firmly, my back still plastered against the door. I haven't moved an inch, at risk of tempting him to change his mind and have him kill me right now.

"If you help me, I can help you." He gestures between us.

I swallow tightly. "I need nothing from you."