TWENTY EIGHT

Word Count: 2348

~Tove

My eyes shutter closed as I draw in a deep breath.

"Are you certain you're ready for this?" Keo asks gently.

I can feel his eyes on me, burning my skin with their intensity. The feeling contrasts against the icy wind that whips against cheeks, against my eyelids.

"I feel a lot better. No doubt this time," I assure him, focusing on the darkness behind my eyelids, materialising an image that is free from other pressing thoughts.

We stand out in front of the chalet with one objective. I'm going to transport myself and Keo to the nearest town.

Keo's hand tightens around mine. "Clear your mind."

I do just that.

All thoughts leave my head except my one goal. I imagine the quaint town Keo told me about, trying to imagine not only myself landing on the cobblestone streets, but also Keo.

Sure enough, my magic seems to be answering me. It stains my tongue with a metallic taste, the taste not leaving mouth until we have deleted through worlds and landed square on flat ground again.

Tentatively I open my eyes, afraid we only made it a couple steps.

But there is no snow. Just trees. Lush and dark, they shroud us, and a steady flow of rain that starts to dampen my clothing.

I turn to Keo, blinking at the water that catches in my eyelashes.

"Where are we?" I ask, turning in a circle.

"Territory Four," he decides. I figured, although I didn't want to be presumptuous...

I don't bother hiding my excitement. I didn't think I was capable of transporting us so far, which means I'm coming along with my training far quicker than I could have ever expected.

"I...I transported us so far!" I press my hands to my cheeks, unbothered by the rain as it drenched our clothes and hair. I'm too happy to care.

Keo smiles, broad and unfiltered.

"How do you feel?"

"Amazing!" I'm not sure if it's the lasting magic in my system, or just pure exhilaration from finally achieving something I never thought I would be able to do, but I feel euphoric.

"You deserve to feel that way. You did so well." I can feel him watching me with that warm smile.

I love it when he looks at me like that; like he admires me. I know he doesn't think highly of many people, so it's moments like these I feel on top of the world.

So, with no shame at all, I start dancing around, tipping my head back so the rain falls upon my skin, cooling it's heat.

"You're silly," Keo laughs breathily.

I don't care. I don't care that my clothes are wet of my hair is plastered against my head and neck. I don't care that Keo can probably see through my sodden clothes.

For one beautiful moment, I feel like I'm free.

"I did it, Keo. I'm so happy!" I tell him, grabbing onto his hands, forcing him to spin around with me.

He doesn't protest. In fact, he let's me move his limbs around in what probably looks ridiculous, but to me, feels like euphoric dancing.

All of a sudden, he yanks me closer, pressing my wet body against his.

His body is so hard, his breath so warm as he nuzzles into my neck, spinning me around as I was going to him.

"I'm happy too," he breathes into my air. I can feel his lips curl into a smile against my skin. He's truthful, he isn't just sating me. He is pleased too, and I don't just think it's because we are a step closer to saving the Demon's.