Mother and Son are dead

Author's Pov

" Yesss... It is," Arjun yelled.

Karthick sat on the bed with a horrified look as he had a little hope that it will not be true. But Arjun's words broke his hope completely.

" Let me explain fully, Karthick," Arjun said, but Karthick didn't do anything. Arjun can understand his emotions. So, he started and the girls started to listen him as they too have so many questions and they too can't able to digest this.

" I don't know why? But I had a brotherly attachment with her from the start. I was always treating her like Dharani.

I will always request her to call me 'Anna', but she won't do that to irritate me. We became very close within a short period of time. I always want to protect her.

You will think that why I didn't share these things with you right. I too don't know why? But I am very protective of her.

Everything was going well. At that time only, we all attended the party. After that party, she didn't speak that much with me and I thought that she is busy with her study preparation as the internal exams are going to start.

After completing the semester exams too, she didn't speak that much with me. I would feel that she was avoiding me. So, I decided to speak with her about this."

********************************************

Flashback

Arjun's Pov

I reached her apartment and going to knock, but I heard her crying and I notice that the door is slightly open.

I know eavesdropping is wrong, but I can't help it. I am scared about her.

" I am sorry. I know that you didn't do any mistakes, but I am going to punish you without your mistake. I knew you will think that your mother is more cruel as I am going to kill you before you see this world.

I am scared. Yes, your mother is scared. I am scared of so many things. I am scared that your father will come to know about this. Karthick is a very good person. Arjun Anna is always proud of his friend," Pravna is blabbering while crying.

What am I hearing? Karthick and Pravna. No, how can it happen? My friend is not like that. At the same time, Pravna won't lie. I don't know what to do?

"Your mother is the only person who is wrong here. I know that day he was drunk. I know he is not in his senses. I know he thought me as Anitha and... and," She started sobbing.

" He didn't force me, but I let him. Then, it's my mistake right. Your mother is wrong, baby. He didn't even remember what happened between us the next day. And I don't want him to remember that as I don't want him in a guilty relationship. I don't want us to be a burden to him, baby.

At the same time, I am scared that I don't want you to be like me. I am an orphan, but I have a brother to feel that I am not, but you don't have anyone other than me.

I am scared to face this society, baby. I am scared. I don't want anyone to suffer because of us. We will leave this world together, baby.

I want you to know one thing that I love you and your father is a bad person. I am sorry, Anna. I know that you will be hurt because of this, but I don't have any other choice. I don't want you to see me with disgust. It will kill me. I will kill myself before that," She started sobbing.

My heading is spinning like anything with all this information. But this is not the right time to think about all this.

I opened the door immediately and there she is. Pravna is standing on the bench with the dupatta in her hand to tie it on the fan.