Trust

Author's Pov

Karthick shouted like a mad person, " Yes, she is. She is my wife," and started crying uncontrollably.

" Karthick? Karthick? There?.... Am I audible? Are you crying? I can't able to hear you properly. There?.... it's showing the dark screen.

There? You are scaring me?" Everyone heard Varsha's voice from the mobile.

Everyone looked at the phone immediately. Then they realized that call got attended mistakenly and it's a video call.

Arjun moved away from Karthick and Karthick cleared the tears from his eyes. Then, he took the mobile with the shivering hands.

" Yes, Varsha," Karthick said while holding the mobile in front of his face, but he is not looking at her. He can't face her with this guilt. It is killing him.

" What happened, Karthick? Why are your eyes red? Why are you calling me Varsha? Am I not your Varushu now? What happened?" Varsha asked with concern.

"Nothing," Varsha cuts him off, " Look at me, Karthick. Why are you looking somewhere else?"

" No, I am not. It's nothing," Karthick said.

" First of all, look at me," Varsha yelled.

Karthick looked at her and tears started to flow from his eyes without his control.

" Karthick, why are you crying? You are scaring me. Please tell me," Varsha panicked.

" I am sorry. I am not good for you. I don't deserve you. You deserve someone better who is not like me," Karthick said with a guilty look.

" Stop this nonsense. If I am there, I will surely slap you. What happened to you? Please, tell me. I will help you. Whatever it may be. I will help you. It's my promise on our love," Varsha shouted.

" Whatever it may be?" Karthick asked.

"Yes, Karthick. Even if you killed someone, I will be with you. I love you," Varsha said.

" Even if I am cheated on you, will you be with me?" Karthick asked.

" You won't, Karthick. I know about you. You won't do it in your senses. First of all, tell me what happened?" Varsha said immediately with confidence.

" See I told you right. I am not worth it. I don't deserve you. I am telling the truth. I cheated. Please forget," Varsha cuts him off, " Shut up. Don't even say that word again. See, Baby. I can understand that something has happened which makes you speak like this.

Whatever, I knew about you. You won't cheat me. I am damn sure about that and I won't judge you without knowing the whole thing. We will speak about this in person. I am coming there. I will call you once I reach Coimbatore.

Don't worry, I will be with you. Bye. I love you," Varsha disconnected the call without waiting for his response.

Karthick dropped the mobile and punched his hands on the floor aggressively like he is punishing himself.

Arjun stopped him and hugged him. Karthick is crying on his shoulder and Arjun let him out his emotions.

Kamiya and Ishu tensed about this new revelation.

After a few minutes, Karthick removed himself from the hug and said, " How can she love me this much? I don't deserve her love, Arjun. I don't,"

" God will always give you what you deserve, Karthick. You deserve her. From this conversation, I can assure you that she will understand. Tell her everything.

She will accept you," Arjun stated.

" No, Arjun. I won't. I can't see the hate in her eyes where I have felt her love. I can't. I am scared, Arjun. I can't," Karthick feared.

"If she accepts you," Karthick cuts him off, " Her acceptance itself will kill me, Arjun. I am already in guilt. If she accepts me also, I can't handle that. This guilt will kill me. I can't and I won't.

Promise me. You all will not reveal anything to her without my permission. Promise me," Karthick asked.

"But, Anna," Karthick interrupted Kamiya, " I know she is your friend and Arjun is also my best friend. When you asked me to hide something for his good, I did that. Please promise me,"

"What did you hide?" Arjun asked Karthick.

" Arjun, I will explain everything. Please trust me. This is not the right time for that. We will solve this first," Kamiya cupped his jaws.

" Trust," Arjun removed her hands from his jaws with a sarcastic laugh.

" Don't judge me without knowing my side," Kamiya replied with a hurt look.

" I have asked you the same, but what did you do?" Arjun stated.

" I am insecure, Arjun. Please try to understand me. It doesn't mean that I didn't trust you," Kamiya looked at him with tears stung her eyes.

" Varsha doesn't know anything about what is happening here. Even Karthick claimed himself as a cheater, she didn't judge him like you. She trusted him.

Trust, which you showed me when I came to explain you. Is that also called trust?" Arjun asked sarcastically.

Karthick is crying silently while reminiscing every word Varsha spoke in the call.

" Arjun..." Kamiya stopped as she heard the door opening sound. Everyone turned to the door side.

" Don't do the same mistake which I did with you, Arjun. She is a gem," Akhil said after he closed the door once he came inside the room.

Kamiya and Karthick are looking at him like they have seen the ghost. Ishu's hands started shivering as she doesn't know what he is going to do?

She didn't know anything happened after she saw him in the park with Swetha. She is already broken, but she doesn't want to show anything on her face because of her friends as they will be hurt because of her.

But she is scared that how he will react here? When did he come? What are all the things he overheard?

Arjun looking at him with a confused look.

-----------------------------------------------

Chapter 38th and 39 has been updated in webnovel