Chapter Ten

"Who else had contact with baby Su An Ni? " Su Xiu asked her siblings.

"Mistress! " Fairy Lumen called Su Xiu in alarmed. Her eyes were still glowing with eye magic as Fairy Lumen looked at Su Xiu's siblings. "The black mist has been spread to them as well. Not one was spared and it is slowly getting thicker..."

Little Su Bao cried in fright as she was soon being pacified and comforted by Su Ai who looked as scared as Su Bao. Su Kai and Su Bowen looked in panic but suppressed it and looked at their Big Sis for help.

Su Xui felt alarmed so she instructed Fairy Aqua and Fairy Ventus to take first the two babies into the space's main house building. They then vanished together with the babies after they had said each of their agreement to their mistress.

When Su Xiu tried to think about a month ago, the siblings were probably still at their parents house together with that recognized Li family. From what she can recall on the host's memories, there was an incident that put the original Su Xiu into a deep sleep by Aunt Li's scheme of spiking up her drink with sleeping powder. From that incident Su Xiu couldnt tell what really happened because the original Su Xiu woke up after that like nothing happened and continued its daily routine.

Still, Su Xiu can deduce that the host was the primary victim before she loses her life on that snowy day. The black mist killed the host silently by sucking out the last remaining life span she had then, went on to the next victim. It just so happened that Su Kai was near to the dead body and was holding a baby basket. Baby Su An Ni was just so unfortunate to be picked on by that black mist.

"I am also in contact with baby Su An Ni even before. Why was I able to enter the space then? " Su Xiu asked knowing that the host was dead that was why the black mist seek out another victim to suck out of its lifespan. But still, Su Xiu thought that there must be some remaining residue left on the body of the host even if the black mist moved to another victim. If thats the case, then, she was able to enter the space despite having remnants of black mist. How did this happen? Su Xiu wanted to look for this truth.

"If thats the case, there can be two options for that to happen. One, you got rid of it through the use of sacred items. Two, you got rid of it through death since black mist will move out into another victim once its host was already dead. But even so, there could still be some remnants left on it to the body. That lead us to the first option since you are still alive.... " Lumen analyzed seriously to help her Mistress with the growing, complicated problem at hand.

Su Xui was confused when she heard what Fairy Lumen said and questioned her back. "How can this be? I dont have any sacred items with me... "

Fairy Lumen shook its head and further explained, "Sacred items dont only refer to things.  They can also serve as holy places that you had been into anonymously... "

"A holy place? " Su Xiu mumbled in deep thought before she remembered the place where she got the space.

Su Xui leaped out in glee as she shouted, "I know the place... "

Before Su Xiu could lead the way out and into the darkness of the night, the remaining eggs beside the toddlers produced a cracking sound. Everyone was attracted to the sound and their focused was temporarily shifted to it.

However, Su Xiu's mind remained in the problem. Thinking that the black mist could kill anyone quietly without any symptoms just like what happened to the original host. Initially, Su Xiu thought that the host died because of cold and hunger but it wasn't the case. It was because of the black mist that killed the host entirely. Su Xiu feared that the remaining time would not be enough to save everyone.