1

Naveah Amari Smith

Naveah Amari Smith

"I cannot mention my homies inside of my song 'cause I know they be trappin' a lot"

The music blasted through Naveahs earbuds as she walked down the street.

Just one more block left I can make it , Veah thought

Veah had been saving the money she earned as a bartender at the local club in her neighborhood. Considering that she lived in the lower class of town, she wasn't making much. There were times she thought about getting on stage with the girls, but she wasn't confident enough to do that.

Along with being the bartender, she was also the stripper mom. She helped the girls out at the club and provided them with what they needed.

Naveah got nervous once she realized she was approaching her apartment complex and seen the neighborhood drug dealers standing on the corner.

I can face the harassment and take the short way, or I can go the long way and face the crackheads. I think I'll take my chances with harassment.

As she approached the group, one of them happened to step in her way and block her path.

"Aye lil mama where you going," one of them asked

Naveah kept her head down and kept it pushing. She didn't have to answer that question, it was none of his business.

"Aye I know you hear me," he called again, this time grabbing her forearm.

"Dude let her go, she was minding her business. Didn't anyone ever tell you to not put your hands on a woman, especially without consent," another guy standing there said. He looked to be a twin, considering his twin was right next to him...

"No I know she heard me talking to her. So where you going," annoying dude asked

"Quite frankly it's none of your business so unhand me," Veah said getting agitated

"Yall hear her, "quite frankly" head ass. So you think you're smart," he said

"Donte, if I'm not mistaken, this young woman told you to unhand her. I think you should listen to her before there's a problem," a voice that wasn't there before said

Oooo his voice sounds heavenly, Naveah thought

Naveah looked and and it was like her breath got caught in her throat. Standing there was Capalot, a well known dealer in their town.

"I'm sorry," annoying dude said and took his hands off of Veah.

Scarryyyyy

"Thank you," Naveah said

As she tried to pass Cap, he grabbed her by the waist, prohibiting her from moving forward.

The butterfliessss 🦋🦋🦋

"Are you good with walking the rest of the way by yourself," Cap asked while looking Veah in the eyes

"Yeah I can manage," Veah said

"I bet you can. Jayden and Kayden, walk ms independent home," Cap said, still holding eye contact

"Come on ms. I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T, hop in the whip," One of the twins said, while hoping in the car.

Cap released Naveahs hip and walked her to the car.

"Here you are," Cap said while opening the passenger side door for Veah, allowing her to get in.

"Thank you. Wanna put my seatbelt on to?" Naveah teased as she smiled

"I can," Cap responded, about to reach in and actually do it.

(Never did he actually tryyyy 💀)

"I was joking," Naveah said putting on her seatbelt

Cap smiled as he shut the door, causing Veah to return a smile and get comfortable in the seat.

"I'll see you later ms independent," Cap said standing back

"Will you?," Veah asked as they pulled off, leaving Cap laughing where he stood.

~

"I ain't never seen him smile before. What kind of magic trick was that," the twin driving asked

"Bro Kayden you sound dumb asking that. Cant you see she's beautiful, that's the magic," who Veah guessed was Jayden said

"I was just being polite," Veah said as she laughed

"What's your real name," Jayden asked

"Naveah," Veah said

"I like your name," Kayden said

Naveah could tell that Kayden wasn't much of a talker, and Jayden was the complete opposite.

"Thank you Kayden," Veah said

As Kayden drove, she told him the directions. Once they arrived at Naveah's apartment complex, she told them where to let her off.