I

***

"Girl hurry up!" Tally, my best friend, yelled from her car. I turned to stare at her and put my middle finger up before jogging down the stairs of my college dorm.

"What took you so damn long?" She questioned me with a attitude, one that I wasn't in the mood to hear this early.

"I was finishing my essay," I lied. Honestly, I had just got done messing with this boy that I couldn't leave alone.

Tray was fine as fuck. He had locks that went past his shoulders, and he played football a lot so he was pretty buff.

I didn't wanna tell Tally because I knew she was gonna run her mouth. Tray was DL...and she ain't want me messing with boys like that.

Especially when they make you climb out they mother fucking window at 2 in the morning so they girlfriend won't catch you.

I just couldn't help it! He treated me decently...AND he bought me shit. Men nowadays don't care about what you want, but he always did shit for me.

Plus, I was struggling to pay for the rest of my college semester and he was helping me. I was skeptical at first though.

In January, he started making so much money. I asked him about it and he told me that he just got a new job, but he ain't tell me where.

I didn't wanna question him anymore because of how mad he got when I would ask him.

"Essay my ass," she said and then rolled her eyes, knocking me out of my daydream. "So, what's tea?" She chirped gleefully. "Any new boys you been fuckin' wit?"

"Not for real," I shrugged my shoulders. "Do you know how hard it is to find cute black boys in Chicago who actually wanna take you serious? My gay ass is struggling."

"I feel you," she was shaking her head now. "You remember that nigga Quan? Man, why that boy say he want me to play step-momma to his five year old daughter? Bitch, when I tell you I HOLLERED."

I was laughing now, so much to the point where I ain't even realize the car started moving. "He know he wrong," I said in between my laughs.

"Hell yea! Then, when I said I was cool he gone get mad and tell me to get out. I was finna' beat that nigga ass for real. I almost called up Cig for his ass."

"Awe shit," I damn near choked on my own words. "You don't wanna do that. You know Cig would've killed his ass for talking bout' you like that. Shit, he scare the fuck outta me!"

I was shaking just thinking about that man. Cig was one of the many drug dealers on the south side of the Chi.

No Nigga ever played wit my bitch because they knew that if she told on they ass to Cig shit was gone get real quick as fuck.

That was her uncle, and he damn sure was gone ride for her whenever she called. "I don't know why Quan acting all bold now that he moving up in the world. He not untouchable...especially not when it comes to Cig."

"Boo, you know these Chicago Niggas. They get a lil money and start acting like they on top of the world. But, I told his ass about that shit. He not gone make it big if he keep acting all high and mighty N' shit."