ᔕI᙭

𝔻𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙☃︎

Bombay shooed everyone away from Luis and examined his head. It was slowly turning blue and purple. I felt pretty bad about what I just did. I didn't mean to hit him that hard...it was a mistake...really.

"You'll be okay." Bombay patted his shoulder.

He helped Luis up and guilt painted my face. My head dropped slightly and I stared at the ice. I felt Bombay place a hand on my shoulder and I looked up.

"You two, stay here, okay? I'll be right back."

He then began running across the ice to his office. I was shocked about how he didn't slip considering he was wearing shoes. I glared at Luis who looked pissed.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled quietly.

"Shut up." He shook his head. "You're not sorry. You purposely did that and I wanna hear that dirty little mouth admit it."

"Okay, fine! I meant to do it but not that hard!" I shot back.

"You're a piece of shit!" He shoved me lightly.

Leave it alone or you'll get kicked off the team.

I didn't do anything back and just stood there. He was mad that I wasn't giving in. "You gonna fight back?! Huh?! Or are you too much of a pussy?!"

"That's enough, Mendoza!" Bombay yelled.

Luis snapped his mouth shut and I saw that Bombay had a rope in his hands. My eyes widened. He's gonna murder us.

"Next exercise we're gonna try," He held the rope out. "Is this."

"Wha-" I was cut off by him looping the rope around both of us.

"Hey!" Luis yelled angrily.

I did not like this. We were squeezed together and I was way too close to him. I was so close I could've kissed him. I didn't of course. Ew.

"You're gonna work together and try and skate across the ice." Bombay stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"This is bullshit!" Luis yelled angrily.

Bombay snapped his fingers at him. "Zip it, Mendoza. Don't make me tell everyone about what I caught you and Mindy doing in the storage room."

Luis's eyes widened. "Sorry, coach."

I was so confused but couldn't help but snicker. "Okay, go." Bombay backed away from us.

"Okay, let's go right," I ordered.

"I'm not listening to you! Left!" Luis tugged the other way.

I yelped and we both started tugging in opposite directions. He eventually fell on top of me and I rolled my eyes. He huffed and I felt something poking at me when he was shifting around. I ignored it and tried to get him off.

"Get off, dude."

"I can't move." He grunted.

"Well, then try!" I shouted angrily.

"I'm trying, idiot!"

I grunted. "Well, try harder!"

I heard the others laughing their asses off at us. This was so awkward. I shoved him so hard, our foreheads bumped into each other and of course, we didn't have our helmets on. I groaned and so did Luis. It probably hurt like hell for him.

"Nice going, puck head." I sighed in disbelief.

"That was your fault." He shot back.

"No, it wasn't!"

"Okay, okay, okay." Bombay butted in. "Let's not fight. We're trying to do the opposite of fight."

He helped us up and I swear Luis purposely shifted closer onto me. What's his damn problem. I groaned and stared at him.

"We go right."

He shook his head. "No, left."

"Right, you dumbass!"

"Left, you moron!"

"Oh, my God you guys!" Bombay yelled. "Would you stop?!"

"He won't do as I say!" I whined.

"No!" Luis shook his head. "She won't do as I say!"

"Okay, you guys will do as I say." Bombay sighed. "Start going forward."

"How are we supposed to skate if we're tied together? That's impossible." I huffed.

He shrugged. "If it was impossible, I wouldn't be making you guys do it."

I sighed. "Okay on the count of three. One...two...three."

We both started skating and it was quite difficult. Luis kept a tight grip on my waist as if he didn't want me to fall. I was too tired to fight with him.

"There you go!" Bombay clapped happily. "I told you it wasn't impossible!"

A small smile painted my face and we started skating faster. The others cheered for us and we skidded to a stop.

"Nice job guys." Bombay sent us a thumbs up.

We both smiled and I looked at Luis. His smile is so...adorable.

"Stop staring at me, would you?" He smirked.

"Geez, dude." I groaned. "I was just insulting you inside my head."

"I was doing the same thing." He smiled.

His tone was different. It sounded like he was lying.

"What were you insulting me about then?" I asked.

He paused and searched for an answer. "Um, y-you wouldn't be able to handle it."

"No, no, no, please tell me." I bugged. "I can handle it."

"I..." He shook his head. "Get away from me, dork."

He tried to shove me away but we were still in this dumb rope. "One second." I held my pointer finger in his face.

I began fidgeting with the rope, causing me to squish onto him harder. That thing would not stop poking at me. I didn't know what it was. I assumed it was part of his gear but he wasn't wearing anything too bulky. Oh...gross. I groaned quietly and eventually got the rope off.

"Thanks..." He mumbled.

"No problem, Louie." I snickered.

He punched my arm and shook his head. We both skated back over to the box and both Julie and Connie squealed.

"What?..." I questioned.

"That was so romantic!" Connie smiled.

"Yeah!" Julie chirped happily. "You should have seen the look in his eyes!"

"Yes!" Connie swooned. "And the way he was holding onto you as you skated! Ah!"

"Oh, my god." I rolled my eyes. "Leave it alone. We'll never be friends."

They both looked at each other with that stupid look. These girls.

author:
aha hello. please tell me you guys understand what was poking her...eeee sorry. I had to y'all I had to lmao. stay gold, lovelies💕
☁︎︎𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊☁︎︎

{2/9/21}