New Mission

~Felix~

Changbin poked my side playfully as we made our way down to JYP's office. We were all excited, wondering what exactly the show idea would be. I squeaked and curled into myself, guarding my abdomen from him.

We had all managed to get ready in time, aside from Hyunjin who was applying makeup as we walked to the office. He was always the slowest at getting ready. Everyone looked surprisingly better than this morning, their skin seeming to glow.

Seungmin was lightly singing "Shoot Me" by Day6, and soon we all started in, belting the lyrics as JYP's office came into view. Chan, Seungmin, and Jisung's vocals on the chorus were extremely beautiful, especially considering the fact that they weren't even trying. The notes were hard for me to reach so I just walked along smiling like an idiot, but honestly, I did that a lot anyways.

We made it to the door near the end of the song, and Chan stood on his tip-toes, raising his hand in the air and signaling for us all to finish in unison. He then bowed, laughing pretty hard.

The door to JYP's room swung open and everyone flinched at the exact same time, Jeongin yelping and curling into a ball. JYP stood in front of us, clapping melodically with an amused look on his face.

"What a performance." He remarked, raising an eyebrow, "Seungmin, every time I hear you, it sounds as if you've gotten better. And Jisung, your vocals will never cease to amaze me."

Seungmin and Jisung looked both proud and scared by their praise, hesitantly bowing to him. Anytime JYP gave praise it meant that he was going to expect more from us which could be pretty scary.

We all funneled into the office, taking seats at the table in the center of the room. JYP didn't seem to have many papers at his seat which was odd because it was usually really cluttered. The camera in the corner was blinking red, he was already recording. 

JYP walked to his seat slowly, eyeing Hyunjin who was fixing his hair. His glance was always judgemental so it was hard to read how he was feeling. He sat down gracefully.

He looked at us, offering what others would see as a warm smile, but to us, it was absolutely terrifying. His eyes traced the table, making eye contact with Chan who sat in the middle.

"Hello guys, it's nice to sit down with you all again." He started, "As you all know our last show has come to a halt and it is time to create a new one. The other directors and I have come up with one that's similar to the elimination show that started this band. There will be competitions, team exercises, and prizes, but along with prizes there will be punishments."

My heart started to speed up. The elimination show hadn't gone too well for me, all you had to do was search "skz reality show" to see my failure.

Chan and Seungmin looked around excitedly while Minho wore a similar expression to mine. Jeongin, Hyunjin, Changbin, and Jisung just stared at JYP intently.

Hopefully, these challenges are easier.

"The missions should be a little more simple, we aren't looking to eliminate members so that stress should be gone." He said, seeming to read my mind, "This is more of working on yourself and how you interact with your bandmates." JYP explained, picking up one of the pieces of paper that were lying in front of him, "Which leads us to your first mission." He smiled.

I leaned in more, my expression changing from slightly uncomfortable to apprehensive.

He cleared his throat and spoke again, "You will work in groups of two to create a song to perform in front of each other. The group with the best song will get their song published under the 'Stray Kids' name."