Safe

~Jisung~

It was still really late at night, but I was finding it pretty hard to sleep. Felix's sleeping body was making me pretty hot and it was hard to admit but I was a little afraid of the dark. Jeongin always slept with a nightlight so I never really had to confront anyone about it, but now that I wasn't in the comfort of my room it was pretty bad. The room was dark around us because I didn't want to keep Felix up all night and I thought I could see things moving around in the darkness but I knew it was just my own imagination.

I just tried to focus on Felix, his calm shallow breaths, his slow and melodic heartbeat. I was jealous of how easy it was to sleep, I could barely close my eyes until around three hours of my head hitting the pillow but it only took him like three minutes then he was out cold. He was so calm now, and I smiled, happy that I could be with him. Happy that despite all the fear I had caused him that he still felt comfortable with me.

There were quiet footsteps coming from the hall leading to our rooms and I felt my heart start to speed up, focusing on trying to see in the almost complete darkness.

"Hello?" I said quietly, tensing a bit. I didn't want to wake Felix but I was a little on edge.

There was a moment of silence and for a second I thought that maybe I had imagined the footsteps, but then I heard someone replied.

"Ah, Jisung? You're still up?" It was Chan. He walked into the living room and close enough for me to see the outline of his body.

I touched Felix's shoulder lightly, "Yeah, Felix fell asleep on me again." I said, smiling at the small boy on my lap, "What are you doing up?" I added back a little more skeptically.

There was another moment of silence, "Uh, Jeongin and I were hanging out and we lost track of time." He said with an edge in his voice. I knew he was lying but I didn't feel like getting into Jeongin and Chan's business right now, I was too tired for the tea to be spilled.

"Right. Hanging out." I said in a teasing tone. I wasn't going to let them go without at least a little of a hard time.

Chan let out a little laugh, "Oh shut up man." He grumbled.

I rolled my eyes even though I knew he couldn't really see me, "Yeah yeah yeah go to bed old man." 

Chan let out a big sigh and I could hear him start to walk away. "Same to you, you arsehole. Just because you have the cutest member of our band cuddling all over you doesn't mean you can just stay up all night."

I laughed a bit and looked down at Felix again, "Sure it does." I ran my hands through his hair, taking in the sight of his beautiful face, freckles, and all.

"Seriously, Han. Try to get at least a little sleep." I heard our leader say before shutting the door to his room.

I had to admit that I was tired but I wanted to cherish this moment. My eyelids kept trying to shut but I didn't want to give in just yet. The constant feeling of Felix's calm breathing was bringing me an odd sense of calm that I had been craving for a while without even knowing that I needed it.

My body started to feel heavy and I couldn't really fight it anymore. I allowed my eyes to slowly shut and rested my head on the back of the couch. The last thing I had seen before allowing my eyes to shut was the sight of Felix's beautiful lips.