7.5

“Oh no! I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it, I went the wrong way…”

The person who entered the door apologized, and said he would leave.

Wei Mingyan quietly watched the man, who was wearing a hat, open the door to leave, and dragged his stupid son to his granddaughter who suddenly started crying.

Wei Jin subconsciously propped himself up with the cane and limped along with his father to his daughter’s bedside. He was about to pick up his daughter, but a pair of lithe hands handed him a cup of water. “You take this.”

Without understanding what was happening, the stupid son took the cup. He looked at his father inexplicably as his father carried the baby and patted her, “Darling Qiqi, don’t cry. If you cry too much, your brain would get water in it.”

After he said that, he glanced at the son who was holding the cup and continued, “Just like your Dad.”

Wei Jin was dumbfounded. “… Dad, you won’t let me hold Qiqi. Why did you give me a cup?”

However, Wei Mingyan merely stood back with his granddaughter in his arms.

“Stop!!!” The young husband sitting in the hospital bed next to them suddenly shouted out loud, frightening Wei Jin. Then, he ran to the door and held down the man who was about to leave, bumping into Wei Jin along the way, causing him to drop the cup of water.

–Smash!

The cup fell to the ground and made a loud noise as the water spilled all over the floor, soaking Wei Jin’s shoes almost thoroughly. Meanwhile, Wei Mingyan stood calmly at the back with the baby in his arms, his clothing unblemished even from just a drop of water.

“Tsk.”

Dressed in long robes, the handsome, immortal-like Daoist priest patted his granddaughter who had closed her eyes and stopped crying as he complained to his granddaughter, “Look, your Dad had water all over him.”

Wei Jin was so surprised that he couldn’t say anything.

Then, he turned to see that the young man, whom he greeted earlier in the afternoon, was fighting with the man who had just smashed his leg with the door just a moment ago.

“Hey. You there, don’t fight…”

He was a nice guy, and he would subconsciously step forward to stop the people from fighting anytime he witnessed a scuffle. Nevertheless, upon taking a step, his leg that was hit earlier began to throb, and he couldn’t move. Helpless, he had to persuade them while trying to walk over with the cane, “Talk it out. Don’t fight, this is a hospital ah…”

The pregnant woman who had been lying in the hospital bed also woke up and sat up, looking worried at her husband who had suddenly burst into violence.

“Husband, what’s wrong with you…?”

The young man’s movements appeared polished, seeming like he had undergone martial arts training, but the man in the hat was different. Despite his apparent lack of skill, he wasn’t afraid of pain. No matter how much he was beaten, he gritted his teeth without saying a word, and desperately struggled to leave.

“Don’t move!!”

Seeing him pull open the door to leave, the young man clung to him, “I am a police officer! Qiu Tian, you are under arrest!”

He could see that the man in front of him didn’t have much skill. If both sides continued to fight like this, he was confident in winning and taking this man down.