xiv - magical

•ALEX POV•

I watched Nik in awe of the view . I heard the shutters of her camera go to work and listened to the beautiful sounds of her satisfied sighs. This is the main reason I brought her . I knew she would enjoy it. Plus we have the luxury of it being private and away from curious eyes.

I set up the tent and laid the mats underneath the open sleeping bags . Wanting to make this as romantic as possible , I unfolded the picnic blanket and set it right in front of out tent, displaying the dinner I had prepared from the basket I had her carry up .

It wasn't much, I did a simple spaghetti dish with some garlic bread and wine . I also picked up two slices of red velvet cake from the local bakery for dessert . All I needed now was lighting . Although the moon was illuminating the area well enough, I didn't want us eating in the dark . So I brought a lantern. Probably the least romantic thing but it'll do.

When Nikki was finally done taking in the view she turned around and I heard her gasp, "Alex, this...... wow, this is so beautiful."

"Not nearly as beautiful as you," I say to her.

Although the moon lit our area it was still dim around. But I could see that hint of a blush wash over her at my compliment.

"So cheesy," she tries to brush off.

"I can't help it," I admit .

I hold my hand out to her and lead her back to our dinner , "this is so wonderful. How did you find this place?"

"We have a beach house close by . And one day I wanted to check out the area . I kept walking until I found this trail . I explored the area enough to discover this little place . I'd come here to clear my head, to focus or to relax without distraction. The only other person who knows about it is Warren," I tell her.

"Wow, I feel honored to be the only other person to be here," she says , sincerely.

"I couldn't think of a better place than this to take you on our first official date. It's special to me just how you are," gee I really couldn't stop the corniness if I wanted to .

"You know, you don't have to say things like that to me," she says, still trying to get used to me being like this.

"I know, I really can't stop myself," I confess.

Her giggle made the smile on my face grow wider , "It's just new to me . Hearing you be so romantic," she says.

"I'm usually not one with words like this but with you it's just effortless."

She holds my gaze and gives me a genuine smile . I can look at her forever and never get tired . Honestly, it still surprises me how it didn't dawn on me before that this woman is THE woman I've always been meant for. I had looked in all the wrong places for all the wrong reasons .

"It'll take me a moment but a woman can get used to this," she says as she picks up her container that housed our dinner. "This is really good."

"I'm glad you liked it. It was the fastest thing I could make on short notice," I tell her as I take a forkful into my mouth .

"So....." she says as she begins to sip on her glass of wine . "I'm really happy to be here with you."

"I'm glad you agreed. And that we're giving us a chance."