Chapter 11: Hard Drink to Swallow

*Note: Please keep in mind: All action, laws, and events are FICTION. None of the events happen in Real Time. I do not condone or approve of Underage Drinking. This simply takes place in a Universe that is not ours.

As we walked in, I sat next to Rhed and Akira in the bar. As the Bartender walked over to greet us, he noticed Rhed, and began to lose that calming air around him. He had a beard and was wearing a vest and a long white sleeves shirt, but no blazer.

"Just flip the sign closed, they'll go to the bar across the street. We share profits, so. After today we're even, Rhed. I don't owe you anything anymore. And aren't you guys 18? Legal Drinking age is 21." The Bartender said, getting fresh glasses from the back.

"Actually, because the laws on gun safety and rioting, the Japanese Government decided Legal Drinking Age to be lowered as a result of the war that happened a few years back." Rhed said, moving around a coin.

"Mhm Mhm sure, make excuses. I don't care anymore, tell me what you want and I'll give it to you." The bartender said, taking the coin in Rhed's hand.

"Well in that case.. give us something good to start with!" I said, hitting the desk.
The bartender was getting a fancy bottle, so it gave me time to look around. There's 3 long racks behind the bartender's table, filled to the brim with different kinds of Alcohol. I can't wait to try all of them. I began to look behind me, and the bar was pristine. It was clean and cared for, as the light from the roof shined into my eyes. I also noticed it was empty, so we got this bar all to ourselves.

"Ok, so this is a bourbon, Halligher circa 1925. I haven't tried this before, so this is new to me too." The Bartender said, pouring the brown into 4 cups. We did a cheers and we all drank a cup. It barely tasted like alcohol, it was smoky and almost meaty in its taste. The drink was hard to swallow, as the bartender began to laugh and cackle.

"What's wro-"

"HAHAHAH, YOU'RE DRINKING BACON FAT!" He said, as we all spit our drinks.

..I was almost convinced this was a beer.

"Do that again and I'll have Rhed use his luck to summon a bus to hit this bar." Akira said, as the bartender got a real bottle.

"Ok Ok, this one's legit. An Amadeo Aged, circa 1629 from an abandoned wine cellar." He said, pouring more clear liquid into our cups.

As I drank it, it tasted fancy, it had no smoky taste, no taste of sweet either. It was a pure alcohol drink, it tasted like Hand Sanitizer.

"Ough, that's a rough one. I gotta stop drinking there." Rhed said, surrendering his glass. He went outside as me and Akira began drinking.

..and drinking.

The bartender just kept giving us the strong drinks, and it got us messed up

The bartender just kept giving us the strong drinks, and it got us messed up. Akira stood up and could barely walk to the door. We drank like..1,000,000 drinks.

As Rhed came back inside, he saw us shit-faced drunk standing on the tables. The bartender put up Karaoke, so I decided to sing. I can't remember what song it was, but I sang so bad Rhed pushed me off stage, and I fell. I remember barely being able to stand up. 

Akira began to dance and Rhed had to stop her before she ended up breaking the desks. Akira also tried to do a backflip, but landed in Rhed's arms. I am so dizzy..

It was nighttime outside, and so we went outside just because. Akira and Rhed began to walk, and so did I. I had to drag myself because these.. dumb arms won't move themselves. Stupid Stupid dumb, I want to be held by Rhed too. Akira's not sharing. We walked across the street and Akira began to say something stupid. 

"Hey Rhed, lets like do the thing on the street. It'll be fuuuuuuun. Pleeeeease~?" As he shook his head and began to carry Akira. 

"Watch those hands Rhed, you'll end up touching he-"

"Oh just stay drunk and keep walking." As we began to drag ourselves further.

He got into a car to drive Akira and Himself home, and he opened a door for me.

"Are you gonna come in?" He asked me. What kind of question iis that? I gotta look for Yuki, idiot. 

"Are you stupid? I need to get Yuki. She's like really cool. Cooler than yoou idiot." As I began to walk for the train station. 

"Ok buddy.. just stay safe please." As he drove off with Akira, drunk as hell. 

I began to walk, but I was like.. drunk, I think. "When did I get drunk?" Whoa, why are my words extending? I'm not drunk, I just drank too much. 

I came across some dude looking at me wrong, so I shouted at him.

"iTS THE FESTIVAL OF LOVE, WHY DON'T I HAVE ANYONE TO LOVE?! HU-  GGH!" As my legs stumbled on themselves. 

"Okawa?" I heard a voice say.

"That's my name, sweetheart!" I said to the voice, as I turned around.

Oh, it's just Yuki.

"Don't you have a love for the fuckin' love festival? This is just one big scam! You'-"

My stomach turned inside out, as I began to.. puke into the bushes. 

We stayed there for what felt like forever.

"Are you ok now?" She asked me.

"YOU WANT ME TO BE HONEST, YUKI? IT'S THE LOVE FESTIVAL AND I DON'T HAVE LOVE! I'LL BE HONEST WITH YOU, OK?!" As she was taken back by my words.

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU, YUKI! I'VE LOVED YOU FROM WHEN I SAW YOU IN THE JANITOR'S CLOSET. YOU'RE WHAT MAKES ME SMILE, YUKI! I DON'T WANNA BE FRIENDS, PLE-"

She touched her lips on mine, as my words clunked and fell back into my throat and into my lungs. I didn't want her to take it off, so mine began to move. And she began to move hers. 

"I knew you were just a loveable loner. Lets go back home!" She said, pulling me into the subway station. 

That felt so good.

Shout out to JustaNomad3 in wattpad, and eboy11398 in tapas.io