52

───

───

     SUKUNA WASN'T SURE WHAT TO DO. the man physically froze up, as his eyes widened in utter incertitude and apprehension.

     his blood ran cold, as he felt his throat dry at the rare sight of a weeping himari.

     the auburn-haired woman couldn't help but witness a blurred image of sukuna sitting on the swing right in front of her.

     heavy tears rained down her cheeks and chin, as she wept out incoherent sentences.

     "h-how could they? h-how could...they do that to you? t-they had no right...to treat you like that", himari hiccuped, shakily gripping onto sukuna's sleeves, as the demon hesitantly cupped the woman's cheeks.

     a pitiful chuckle had escaped his lips, causing himari to glance up.

     "why're you crying in my stead, woman? I'm the one that got abandoned, not you", sukuna softly said, to which himari had just shook her head.

     indeed, ryōmen-sukuna only became the monster he is today due to a series of events.

after being abandoned by his parents as a newborn, the orphanage was what became his first home.

though he wouldn't even call it that, considering the harsh and uncanny treatment that him and the other kids had received.

beatings were a usual, and with sukuna's many attempts to escape, it was no surprise that he received extra punishments.

as the boy grew older, he finally freed himself from the derogatory orphanage, traveling alone, as he would encounter many eye-opening truths about this unforgiving world.

     "no one...and I mean no one deserves such treatment...especially after what they did to you and your friend", himari genuinely replied.

     it was by the young age of twenty-six that sukuna had met uraume, his first friend that had shown him true kindness.

     the two joined an exorcising academy, to which it was no surprise that sukuna had quickly became top of the class — earning many patronizing rumors about him and his substandard past.

     though because of sukuna's outstanding performance, he was isolated from the rest.

     hence when they were sent on a group mission to fight a special grade demon, many had escaped like cowards, leaving only sukuna and uraume.