chapter two

chapter two ~ lost in the fire

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves. For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure.

"I'd rather not hear about their pathetic existence," Caius said scornfully

"I think mother should handle this," Marcus said while staring off into space.

"We have to deal with them soon," Aro turned to Marcus. "Do you think mother would travel to Washington with us?" He asked Marcus.

"We will not put mother in danger," Caius sneered.

Marcus frowned at that.

"Be careful not to let mother hear you speak of her as if she is weak," Marcus warned Caius.

Aro nods.

"Caius knows very well that mother is far from weak, but still we must protect her," Aro said.

Xena appears in a flurry of black and indigo orb as Aro quickly shuts his mouth, and Caius stands up.

"Mother," Caius said as he bows his head toward Xena.

"You all do know that these walls have ears, and I do not like what I've heard," Xena said.

"Forgive us, Mother," Aro said.

"Mother, what do you suggest we do?" Marcus asked Xena.

Xena smirked.

"Let them know you all coming through the tiny black-haired girl's ability to see the future," Xena answered.

"And what about you? Will you join us?" Aro asked Xena.

Xena chuckled.

"Me? I have other plans, but I will see you all when the first snow lies on the ground in Forks," Xena responded to Aro.

Aro nods.

"Very well, Mother," Aro said.

"I have so much to do; see you boys later," Xena said.

Xena disappears in a flurry of black and indigo orb.

"We must take care of the abomination that the Cullens have created," Caius said.

"And we will," Aro said.

"What do you think mother has planned?" Marcus asked his brothers, curious about Xena's plans.

"Something that will work in our favor hopefully," Aro answered.

Caius nods his head in agreement with Aro.