CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Anastasia sat by the kitchen counter trying to decide whether or not to have the McDonald's burger her mother hand brought home or just have the salad that she had made early. It was a tough decision since she had over five cookies early that day. She got frustrated getting up and walked over to the fridge where she pulled out items to make a smoothie.

If she couldn't decide she wasn't going to have either, she pulled out all the ingredients that she needed and set every up. She was humming to a new song that heard on the radio. Jamie had left two days to go back to La.

It was fun to have Jamie back even if it was just for a few days. She needs a reminder of what her life used to be and Jamie did just that.

Her mother came downstairs and waved goodbye as she went off to the hospital. Anastasia was home alone, she hated it but it was what she needed to do.

She was about to push the button on the blender when her phone rang. She took her phone up quickly as she realized who it was, abandoning the smoothie she was making.

Her face was flush red with a large smile, it's been a while since they talked over the phone.  " Hey Ana" came his voice and she almost fell just by the way he called her name was everything.

"Hi" Anastasia smiled trying to keep herself from laughing, her heart was beating so fast. She needs to control herself. "So, why did you call"

"To hear your voice" he laughed if only he knew what he was doing to the poor girl right now.

"Yeah right" she did have her doubts about jack I mean, he doesn't even know what she looks like.

"No, but in all seriousness, we have known each other for a while now"

"Yes I am aware of that"

"Well am-" he stopped halfway nervous to asked her since she had shot him down many times before. He didn't want to scare the girl off.

"Your going and have to give me more than that jack. What's up" Anastasia knew he wanted to ask something that might bug her just by the way he was talking.

"Well firstly I don't even know how you look and it getting at me" he explained, of course, the one thing that she feared would happen. It shouldn't matter what a person looks like, you can still like them right? Can you like someone you have never seen before? She hoped so because if it wasn't obvious she liked him, a lot.

"And what the next reason?" She asked

"You didn't even tell me why you're doing that."

"Well it shouldn't matter how I look jack, and I don't want to change the way things are now" Anastasia wasn't a big fan of how she looked. She got teased about her appearance for as long as she can remember and she didn't need Jack or anyone adding to her already low self-esteem.

These days she was feeling a lot better about herself since she didn't have to go outside anymore, she began to work on herself with the help of her therapist that she goes to three times a week.

Not just to talk about her self-esteem but also about losing her father along with the life she has always know. Things had also gotten worst when she can out as bisexual. Her mother was very supportive and she realized not everyone had that.

"Why would things change?" He asked but Anastasia knows better than to show him what she looks like. What if he doesn't like what he sees and they stopped talking for good. "I am sure with a voice like yours your beautiful"

Anastasia smiled as she bits her lip "Are you flirting with me jack" she asked and sat next to the burger she didn't want. She began to open it taking small bits.

"Well, I won't tell you unless I see you" it was quiet on the line for a while until he spoke up again."If I am being honest most of my friends think you a catfish"

She laughed she had a feeling that this was about to happen. But was she a catfish, she didn't think so." and what do you think" she needed to know, did he thought of her as a catfish. Some old person pretending to be young.

"I don't know what to think actually"

"Well I guess you will never know" she laughed

"You're killing me here ana" she knew that too and it was killing her also. Jack liked the way she laughed it was like music to his ears.

"You have fallen for a girl you've never seen jack"

"Please stop messing with my mind" the girl's heart just continues to do its dances. She couldn't believe it, this conversation sound and felt different from the others that both she and Jack have ever shared.

"Your too adorable" Anastasia you need to stop this things can go wrong and you would just be left heartbroken over a boy you have never met. She told herself this over and over heading up to her room.

"Will we ever stop talking," he asked nervously

"Nope never. I promise " she told him, they would never stop talking not unless jack stopped talking to her first.

"God, I hope you keep that promise" jack smiles through the phone, he liked everything about this girl and he hasn't even seen her yet. He ran his hand through his hair just thinking about if one day they both actually got to meet. That was be everything of course he can't let her know that just yet.

Anastasia sat down on her bed looking at herself in the mirror for a while before she finally decided that she needed to do this. She was going to this. "Okay," she told him as she changed out of her clothes into something better.

"Okay, what?" He asked, sitting up better was she just messing with him again. That's when Anastasia hit the camera button on her phone to see a very shook jack on the other side, she hopes she did the right thing.

 That's when Anastasia hit the camera button on her phone to see a very shook jack on the other side, she hopes she did the right thing