CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"Jack you alright, you're making me feel weird," Anastasia asked because he was just staring at her and she didn't know whether it's because he liked what he was seeing or because he didn't.

She moved a little in her seat thinking about turning off the camera "Right sorry, I just-" he blinked shaking his head.

"you look beautiful" he smiled Anastasia looked at the mirror in front of her. She was basic, she thought to herself he needed to get his eyes checked out. But her eyes were just fine looking at his chest as he wasn't wearing any shirt.

"Please you're just saying that to make me feel better" she whispered looking down at her hands. Now that they had seen each other she wondered how things were going to change.

"No I am not" he laughed pushing his curls out the way. Her heart flips just from the sound of it.

"What you were still expecting a sixty-five-year-old man in his basement" she laughed

"After I heard your voice, so no" he answered looking to the side as someone walked into his room.

"There are males who can do female voices." She told him, Anastasia didn't really know what to say to him. Over text it was easy but now it was hard to think of full sentences.

That when she did the most embarrassing thing anyone can do in front of their crush. She tried to hide her face and turn away. "Why are you crying?" jack asked consern for the girl on the other side.

"I don't know, I guess I expected things to go differently" she finally answered wiping away her tears. He wanted to be there and tell her it was all going to be okay because he wouldn't stop being her friend no matter what she thought of herself.

"Like be mean to you never, I have to be a stupid man to do something like that to you. So stop crying I have a soft heart. I might cry to" he laughed trying to hold back his tears

"You, soft heart, okay" she laughed at his attempts to calm her and it did work.

"Hey stop laughing I am trying to help here" he admitted laughing along with her. How could he not, her laugh was contagious.

"Jack admit It, you like me," she told him shocking herself in the process because it sounds weird coming out her mouth and not over text. Something inside her hoped that he said yes.

"Oh, shit did gave it away. Way too soon" he smiled, he remembers what she had first texted him all this time ago.

"Stop quoting me"

"Funny it took you so long to figure out I liked you." He told her she could have died then and there. She didn't know what to say she didn't know he was actually going to yes.

"Why would anyone like me" she still had her doubts about it all.

"I don't know maybe because of your amazing, friendly personality and your way of making so one feel welcome. And you know you are pretty." He told her and she bits her lips to hide her smiled and the way she was feeling not wanting to come off as desperate. She couldn't believe what she was hearing she must be dreaming. He has been in her dreams these past days.

"Well if anyone liked me they should know that I am really annoying" she raised her brows

"I know that already babe since the beginning"

"Hey, am not that annoying you're supposed to deny that" she shouts

"You are more annoying than my little sibling and let me tell you they're pretty bad." Anastasia laughed and the two continued to talk until both fell asleep with the phone still on. Never in million years would Anastasia think that she would fall for the boy over the screen but look at them now.

She later woke up and called out to him "Okay bye jack" came her soft voice jack couldn't stop looking at her, he wanted to say on the phone longer but he knew it was time that they both got up.

"Bye," he waved before he pushed the little red button. Anastasia sat there on her bed not moving for a while just staring at her phone in disbelief. She wished that she had done this a long time ago. She was in awe, her heart rate was still high. She had no idea what this meant for her and jack back she liked.

When her breathing slowed she got up and went back down to her smoothies. She finished it but jack was the only thing on her mind at that moment.

Jack walked out back and sat down. he left his phone inside, he could not believe what had just happened a few minutes ago. He saw her and she was everything he expected her to be. He went down to the kitchen and pour himself something strong to drink. Before heading outback.

Anastasia was everything to jack, when she spoke with him his whole world light up. His day would become better in a second. not too long ago jack had planned to take his own life, he couldn't take the stress of it all. With the constant attack online and feeling like he was screaming for help but no one was hearing him.

Jack has anxiety and depressions and he is very much aware of this, there are days where he just doesn't want to get out. Cried because he had woken up to see another day. It was the day that Anastasia and he fought over the phone. He was going to do it was going to take his own life.

It was stupid but he hated that she has texted him at that exact moment changing his mind once again that he took his anger and frustration out on her. Little did he know that she was struggling, she saved him and for that, he would always be there for her.

He loved talking to Anastasia but if he was being honest today there was a change. This was serious between them and it just made him more curious and taken by her. He took a sip of his drink and continued with his day.

Both jack and Anastasia didn't know it but they were saving each other.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Don't worry this is not the end. This book is close to the end but there are a few more chapters to go.