Final Part

I dropped the knife and ran over to Damon. "Damon! DAMON!" I said to him as I held his limp body. "Please Damon. I need you." Tears were streaming down my face now. "Come on Damon I promised I would tell you who gets the ring. Please wake up, I still haven't told you yet. " I started to cry. Everything became dark and cold. "Please wake up" I now whispered as I hugged him tightly. I could hear someone crying. "Ow" I said as I slowly opened up my eyes. "Damon... Damon! You're ok " I said as I hugged him. I started to cry uncontrollably. "There..There.. it's ok, I'm fine." I felt relieved that she was ok. I hugged her tightly. "Hey look i'm sorry that you had to see that side of me I was just so worried that something bad was going to happen to you." "That doesn't matter. I'm just glad that you're ok." I watched as Lily pulled a pouch out of her pocket. "You know how I said I was going to tell you who gets the ring... well it's you. You get it." She took my hand and put it on my finger. "I don't know if you know this but you mean the world to me. I don't know what I would have done if you had died protecting me." I stared in disbelief. "Me? I was the person who gets the ring? " I felt so happy at that moment. I couldn't hold it in anymore. "Lily, You... You caught my eye because you didn't run from me when you saw me even though you knew I was a demon. You trusted me to come with you even though you barely knew me and knew that I could kill you at any time. I was so lonely before I met you. No one talked to me, they only ran away from me with fear. But you not once did I sense fear coming from you. You had become my life and that gave it the meaning it had once lost." Her face got all flustered. I pulled her into a tight hug. "I love you. You know that right?" Lily said as she buried her face into my chest. "I love you too" I said as I kissed her forehead. And I'll never stop loving or protecting you for as long as I live.