The tale of a happy couple

"Used to be kids living just for kicks,
In cinema seats, learning how to kiss.
Running through streets that were painted gold.
We never believed we'd grow up like this.

So tell me how to be in this world.
Tell me how to breathe in and feel no hurt.
Tell me how 'cause I believe in something.
I believe in us."

Song: Us - James Bay

++++++

With the wedding fast approaching, Emma and Harry decided to find a bit of time to bring some normalcy back into their lives, taking the kids to the park for an afternoon

With the wedding fast approaching, Emma and Harry decided to find a bit of time to bring some normalcy back into their lives, taking the kids to the park for an afternoon. The last month had been non-stop wedding preparations and Emma knew they all needed a little break.

Patrick's parents had flown in from Northern Ireland to attend the wedding, so they were spending time with Madeline, which meant Emma and Harry only had Haven and Jack with them at the park. Haven was running around the playground trying to do everything all at once it seemed. She found friends immediately and was happily playing with them.

At five-years-old, Haven was a bubbly extrovert who loved doting on her sister and brother - even if they annoyed her sometimes. Madeline was two and a half and talking more and more each day, learning from her big sister, and developing a personality that sometimes seemed to be just as goofy as Patrick's was. Jack, at nearly a year old, was a happy baby, growing bigger each day. He looked more and more like his father, with green eyes and dimples in his chubby cheeks just like Harry.

Emma and Harry felt so blessed because of their children and were so happy to be permanently bringing their family together once they got married and adopted the girls.

"Soon you'll be Mrs. Styles," Harry cooed, leaning over to kiss Emma as he lay on a blanket in the grass with Jack on his chest.

"Mm," she hummed against his lips, laying next to him, periodically looking up to make sure Haven was still in view and safe.

Harry pulled back to look at her through his sunglasses, seeming as though he was trying to read her mood.

"What?" She asked, knitting her eyebrows together in confusion.

"You're still okay with that?"

"With what?"

"Changing your last name to 'Styles'," Harry questioned, "Because I know—"

"Harry, yes. Yes, I'm okay with it," she chuckled under her breath. She knew he was just nervous, but she felt like they had this conversation nearly every week leading up to the wedding.

When Emma first sat down to really think about what her name would be once she married Harry, there were a lot of tears and a lot of indecision. She knew if she were to change her name to 'Styles' it would completely wipe away Patrick's family name 'Gaunt'. She had a lot of feelings about that.