Chapter 15

After a few seconds, minutes, hours I really don't know how long we kissed Ryan finally stopped long enough to catch a breath. I'm sure confusion was etched on my face, but when I glanced at Ryan I freezed. His expression was far from ecstatic, it was looking like he was disgusted. Those butterflies in my stomach died a painful death, leaving behind a dreadful lump instead.
  He removed his hands from around me, as if burned. Running his hand through those hair which a moment ago my hands were in.

"This had been a mistake." He muttered then looking at me
"I'm sorry, I was out of line."
My eyes were prickling, but I'm too stubborn to cry in front of him. It had been my first kiss. He stole my first kiss and he's sorry.

"Oh? First you kiss me without my permission and then you apologize? How very chivalrous of you." I sassed.

"I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intention."

"Get over yourself Ryan, you aren't my type either." I said, making him aware of the fact that I had heard his conversation with Bailey that day.
He narrowed his eyes and before he could ask me to clarify, I pushed past him and was out the door, my heart beating a mile a minute and my ego bruised in the most humiliating way. I immediately went to the washroom and washed my face with cold water. After re-doing my ponytail, I went to my next class, which curse be to my fate was calculus. I gave the slip which Coach Williams had given me to Mr. Roberts he grumbled something under his breath but thankfully didn't reprimand me in front of the class. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Ryan, but determinedly ignored him and went towards the last desk. To my relief, Reid was sitting there and after I arrived he removed his bag from the space next to him. Apparently he was saving the seat for me. I thanked him and sat down. He was watching me and after sometime he started writing on a piece of paper. He then slid the slip of paper across the table towards me.
Are you okay? It read
I took out my pen.
Yeah, why won't I be? I wrote down adding a smiley face at the end and returned it to him.
He smiled looking at the paper.
"Mr. Grover, would you like to share the joke with us folks here?" Suddenly mr. Roberts voice boombed.
Reid stood up rubbing his neck.
"With utmost respect sir, I would but, I'm not sure you'd find it funny." He said then winked at me. I was shocked at his stupidity. Nobody talks back to Mr. Roberts he holds grudges which isn't good, cause he's got connections with many colleges.
      "If you'd use that fine brain of yours to solve the equations It'll be appreciated. Now sit down and stop smiling like an imbecile." Said Mr. Roberts. Reid just shrugged and took his seat.
"You have a death wish?" I asked from the corner of my mouth.
He smirked "Death isn't a wish, it's fate babe."
I just looked at him with a bewildered expression.
The bell rang and I collected all my books while Reid waited for me. After exiting the class, Ryan blocked our path.

"Hey, Paige I wanted to talk to you about something." He glanced at Reid. "Alone."

I stared down my nose at him even though my head came just upto his shoulder.

"I don't want to talk with you, so if you'll excuse me. I've better things to worry about. " I tried to move around him when he yet again blocked my path.

"Can't you hear, she doesn't want to talk. Take a hint, dude when you've been literally shoved with one." Said Reid wedging himself between Ryan and me. Although Ryan was an inch taller and more muscular than Reid, who looked just as fierce.

Ryan glared at Reid.
"It's none of your business, let us sort the matter between ourselves." Ryan said in a clipped voice.

"There's nothing to talk about really, why don't you go back to your crew. I want nothing to do with you." I said before tugging Reid's hand and proceeding towards the cafeteria.
I could feel him staring at us and our joined hands. But I didn't give two shits of what he felt or thought about us for that matter.