Chapter Three - That Night

Chapter Song - Cinema by Harry Styles

Leo, Miles, and I arrive at my house for the sleepover arranged in the midst of the boys' excitement earlier today. The two walk into my room as if it's their own, where the two hurl their luggage onto my bed, their faces crinkling as they observe their surroundings in silence. 

"Girl, your room is crazy messy?!" Leo insults, breaking the stillness to look at me in disgust.

"It smells a little 'off' too," Miles adds, his nose up in the air.

I roll my eyes at their insults. "Well you didn't give me much time to prepare, did you?" I say, then proceed to shove them out of my room before they have time to continue with their critiques. 

We make our way downstairs and prepare for dinner, well, Miles and I prepare for dinner. Leo instead makes himself comfortable on my couch and searches through my dad's large collection of horror movies, a few "oohs" and "aahs" coming out of his mouth as he marvels over some of the limited edition discs. 

In the kitchen we start to make some pizzas, along with Miles constantly quizzing me about the events of today through the duration of our cooking. 

"Miles, nothing interesting happened, I swear. He was probably just chatting to me because I was the only other person alone in our classes together," I state, smiling mischievously as I flick a bit of pizza sauce onto his nose so that he quits asking about it.

"Okay, okay!" Miles shouts. "Just don't throw any more of that onto my face!" he places his hands up in surrender and in a panic, he swiftly puts his pizza into the oven and stumbles out of the kitchen so that I don't get another chance to.

 A couple of minutes pass when I finish my own pizza creation, placing it into the oven and setting a timer before joining Leo and Miles in the lounge room. I witness their arguing voices when I enter the room, the issue seeming to be Leo attempting to persuade his boyfriend into watching 'The Conjuring'.

"No way am I going to watch that!" Miles sulks, turning around so that Leo is met by his back.

"Aww come on Miles, it'll be fun!" Leo says, putting on 'puppy eyes' and dropping his lip in an attempt to persuade Miles.

"You know I hate horror movies, so I'm sorry, but no. That's that. Choose literally any other movie from any other category and I will watch it with no complaints." Miles exasperates, looking down to see Leo, who is now on the floor begging like his life depends on it. 

I listen to their chatter going back and forth until I hear the pizza timer go off, leaving them to continue their rabbling whilst I fetch our pizzas. Miles enters soon after, his face obviously irritated as he assists me with cutting up the pizzas and grabbing some plates to serve them on. 

"What's the verdict on the movie?" I ask, smiling as Miles looks up with anger in his eyes. 

He huffs. "You two will both have to watch whatever I want to watch next time," he says bluntly.