Part 5

Alex's POV

With a shy look she reaches up and wraps her hands loosely around my neck. I'm completely mesmerised by her crystal blue eyes but she seems to feel the same way because neither of us are able to look away. I feel her soft fingers start to play with the curls at the nape of my neck and it's like electricity is fizzing through me. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my whole entire life. She's amazing. She's smart and funny, totally charming without even realising it. A little shy and quiet at first she quickly seemed to relax and the last few hours have just been perfect. Everything feels so natural with her. This is what I've been waiting for and boy is she worth the wait! The only slight sticking point is that she lives in England. I try not to think about that. After fourteen years of not having her in my life, the distance seems like a minor inconvenience at this point.

I'm not sure how long we dance for but we're suddenly interrupted by her friends who have come to tell her that they're going to bed. I know they only arrived this morning and were staying up so as to get on to our time as quickly as they could so it's no wonder they're tired. Emily seems reluctant to leave but with a smile says she's going with them. I can instantly hear the protest from Firenz and truth be told I don't want to release her either but this isn't about what I want. I want to earn her trust and respect long term.

Bending to whisper in her ear I ask for her phone number and if I can call her tomorrow. She nods and pulls out her phone as I do the same. After swapping digits there's an awkward pause as I try to figure out the appropriate way to say goodbye. It doesn't help that her friends are all still standing there.

I settle for a hug and soft kiss on her cheek, lingering only for slightly longer than I should. "Meeting you has just made my life" I can't help but whisper in her ear before thinking that I probably shouldn't have said that. But her answering smile reassures me that it wasn't too much. "I can't wait to see you tomorrow" She whispers before disappearing into the crowd.

For a moment I just stand there stunned. I can't wipe the smile from my face. I quickly mindlink Jake to find out where he is after he left me and Emily to continue covering for me at the ball.

"Just leaving now. Meet you in the Lobby?"

Jake gives me one querying look as I stride towards him before grinning like a cheshire cat. "I was gonna ask how it went but I don't think I need to, you look like all your Christmas' have come at once."

"And then some," I say beaming back at him before giving into temptation and pulling him for a hug. "She's amazing J. Honestly I can't describe it. She's beautiful, smart, funny, down to earth. She's got the most amazing smile and her eyes have this sparkle to them and when she laughs..."

"Alright alright, I get the picture" he laughs. "Seems like it all went great for your first date."

I nod, "I have her number so I'm gonna call her tomorrow."

"And when exactly are you gonna address the whole werewolf/mate bond thing." He brings me back down to earth with a bump of reality.

I scrub my face and run my fingers through my hair as I answer, "Not sure about that exactly. Not the sort of thing I can just casually drop into the conversation and I want her to believe me, which means more time together first, so she trusts me and knows I'm for real, but I don't wanna leave it too long because then it feels like lying to her."

Jake shrugs, "Yep, quite a conundrum!"

"Thanks, you're really great with the advice."

Jake grins back, "I'm just glad I didn't have to deal with any of this when I met Jess. Eye contact, instant connection, mate bond, boom, done!"

"So romantic" I mutter, "I'm sure Jess would appreciate your whole love story being reduced to those few words!"

Suddenly J looks less certain, "Don't you dare repeat that to her!" But I just laugh as I walk away towards the elevator. "Might just hold on to that nugget for a while, could come in handy."

The following morning I'm pacing around my suite second guessing myself again. How early is too early? She's probably still asleep but then maybe it's good if she wakes up and the message is already there. Shows I'm thinking about her. I've already spent nearly 40 minutes composing exactly what the message should say. Trying to show her that I'm keen without coming across as creepy keen. I've hardly slept, just lying awake thinking about her. And when I did eventually pass out my dreams were all her too.

Deciding to suddenly be decisive I press send before I can change my mind. Glancing at the clock once more and seeing 7.53am I'm suddenly certain that it really is way too early. Damn it! Now there's nothing to do but wait. Jake won't be up for hours yet as our first meetings aren't scheduled until after lunch on the first day as a result of the ball. I try to distract myself with going over paperwork, then working out on the treadmill in the corner. When that doesn't work I plug in my ipod and attempt to read a book. Finally at 8.36am the screen of my phone lights up and I practically dive across the room to get it.

Good Morning beautiful, I hope you slept well. What are your plans for the day? I would love to see you. Alex x

Good morning to you too. The bride and groom are doing last minute wedding prep so I'm actually fairly free today. Would love to see you too. Em xx

I can't help but punch the air in excitement before quickly typing back,

Do you wanna meet up for breakfast? I know a great place. Xx

Sure, shall we meet in the foyer at like 9.30? Xx

Perfect :) xx

I'm on the phone instantly to arrange everything before glancing once more at the clock. I have less than 35 minutes to get ready for my date. Jumping in the shower to wash off my work out sweat, it's a mad rush to dry my hair and get dressed but at least I don't really have time to agonise over my wardrobe choice, settling for a simple shorts and t-shirt combo. When I get down to the front desk the flowers I ordered are already there so I take them and go and hover in the middle of the lobby where Emily won't be able to miss me.

Wearing a black flowery jumpsuit, hair loose and no make up I've never seen someone so effortlessly stunning. She takes my breath away and for a moment I forget how to speak. I quickly offer up the flowers and feel a small swell of pride as her face lights up. "That's so sweet, thank you. I've never had flowers on a first date before."

"Technically this is our second date because last night was officially the best first date I've ever had so it has to count." A shy grin and light blush spreads across her face and I can't help but grin back at her. "Good morning by the way" I say leaning in to give her a quick kiss on the cheek, subtly breathing in her scent at the same time. "You look stunning. Are you ready to go?"

*************************************************************

What do you guys think so far? Please vote and comment to let me know :)

Next update coming at the weekend!