Maybe You're Right

"Respectfully, no Rafe. We shouldn't. We can hardly stand eachother most of the time," I start. Before I can open my mouth to speak again he continues. "No not actually date, just say we are. Mackenzie will be jealous and maybe show some interest, and Kelce will have to think twice about what he lost. Besides I haven't had a girlfriend in a while and it's starting to wear on my reputation as a player you know?" he smirks. I roll my eyes.

"The only reputation you have is as an ass," I scoff at him. Why would I help Rafe get a girl? He doesn't need me and frankly I don't like the idea of other people thinking we are together. "Why would I do that Rafe?" I give him a look, truly wanting to hear his next words. He looks at me like it's the most obvious answer "Even if you don't want Kelce who doesn't want there ex to see them in a better relationship with another guy that's clearly better looking? Obviously Kelce would feel a little sting and I know you want that." he tells me.

Rafe was right. And Kelce had always been a little jealous of me always staying at Rafes house and being around him, even if it was because of our parents and Sarah. "I am open to this idea. But I hope you're aware of how awfully similar this is to like every rom-com," I joke with him. But seriously has he never seen To All The Boys I've Loved Before?

"Alright, if you're open that's basically a yes," he smiles. And he always knew how to get me to agree. Just something about the way he argues. "Okay whatever. I guess it can't be all that bad. But Sarah can know it's fake, and Dean," I nod. I am not about to lie to the closest thing I have to a sister, and my brother too. Rafe nods in agreement with me. I can't help but give me a smiling nod.

"Obviously we need rules though," I state.

"Obviously. Like parties together are a must, and we should post each other a couple times, and hangout like once a week in public. We are a couple in public, and on our own in private," he nods again. Clearly proud of himself for thinking up these rules.

"No kissing, nothing beyond kissing, or of the sort," I rule out. He scrunches his eyebrows and nods. Those were my only must have deal breakers. Me, Britney Beckham, is 18 and hasn't had a kiss that wasn't forced. Maybe I'm a prude but me and Kelce never did anything beyond a slight peck and I didn't even want to do that. I just felt like he should have the bare minimum. Boy did he hate it though, always trying to get into my pants. Rafe doesn't know that though and he doesn't need to.

As long as he's concerned I'm the biggest, most experienced slut in the world. Well maybe not that but at least gotten to third base.