Chapter Twenty-Eight

Nodding my head along to the music playing from my earbuds, I trudged my way out of the staff changing rooms. 

It was another day at work, and instead of manning the boxing classes, they had put me on the rota to personally train somebody in strength and conditioning. I was a little annoyed because these classes were usually a lot duller than the boxing ones and mostly consisted of me yelling at some dude or another that it didn't count as a plank if you're sticking your arse that far up in the air. 

Of course, I say it in kinder words...

All dressed up in my black sports bra and high-waisted leggings, I was on my way to the equipment room so I could start my workout before my client arrived.

As I was about to push open the door, I felt someone tap my shoulder, and I jumped a little in surprise. Pulling my earbuds from my ears, I turned around to see who was behind me. Instead of seeing my manager as I expected, my eyes landed on the striking green eyes of Nathan woods. 

"Nathan?" I asked in confusion as I surveyed him from head to toe. Instead of wearing his regular shirt and jeans, he wore some fitted jogging bottoms and a sleeveless blacktop. Naturally, this caused my eyes to drift towards his upper arms which were thickened with a rather impressive amount of muscle. 

He cleared his throat, and I snapped my eyes back up to his sharply. "Hmm, yes, what?" I stuttered out like a fool. I blushed when I realized he hadn't even said anything. 

"I mean, what are you doing here?" I said, correcting myself.

His mouth pulled up into the smallest of smiles as though watching me lose my cool was an absolute enjoyment for him.

"I'm here to work out," he said simply.

I narrowed my eyes. "But...er..you don't normally come here," I mumbled slowly. "Well, I mean you did one time for that boxing lesson which you randomly ran out of after I touched you," I rambled.

Before I had a chance to interrogate him further, the door to my boss's office suddenly swung open. Her eyes zeroed in on us almost immediately, and her thirty-something, overzealous self eagerly marched over to us. 

"Oh wonderful, you must be Mr woods?" she said stopping in front of Nathan with a bright warm smile.

 "Yeah, I am," he said with a nod, returning her smile with a polite one of his own.

"Sophie, was the personal trainer you wanted, right? You did say on the phone, you specifically wanted the blonde girl who teaches boxing?" she clarified as she looked between the two of us with a smile.

 I had to take a moment to make sense of the shocking words that were leaving my boss's mouth. I mean, I had to have misheard her because there was no way Nathan would ask for me on request. I mean, would he?

I immediately snapped my head towards Nathan and stared at him with questioning eyes. Nathan quickly broke eye contact and instead seemed rather fixated with staring at the floor.

  Oh my god, he had...

"Oh wait, I was supposed to keep that a secret, wasn't I?" my boss gasped as she slapped a hand over her mouth. 

Nathan's eyes deadened as he looked back at her, and he looked as though he was holding back on saying a lot of choice words. This made the situation that much more funny to me, and I bit my lip to contain my laughter. No wonder Brandon had a crush on her; she was awesome.

My boss winced. "I really am sorry, Mr woods. If it makes you feel any better, I think it's wonderful that you're actively pursuing your crush. Good for you," she smiled as she gave him a congratulatory double pat on the back.