21

TW's:
-None
CW's:
-Grand mal seizure (passing out)

Clay's POV

After biology, I had maths class without George. I was uninterested staring at the whiteboard whilst thinking about George's and my kiss. I was in love with him, I was so sure about that now.

I was completely zoned out as my phone suddenly started buzzing constantly. I looked at the teacher to see if he was looking at me and when I saw he wasn't, I quickly lifted my phone a bit out of my pocket and saw multiple messages from George.

George
help
seizure
can you help me
im in the bathroom

I immediately stuck my finger in the air, having the teacher take a great amount of time to finally look at me.

'Questions are after I explained it.'

'No sir, it's not a question. Someone needs my help and I really have to go to him.'

'I can't let you go so suddenly. Who needs help and why?'

I didn't want to say George's name in front of everyone so I stood up as everyone started to whisper a bit. I walked to the teacher and showed him my texts. He nodded.

'You can go.'

I nodded and started running away from the classroom, going to the bathroom closest to the class he was supposed to have now.

I ran in and saw George laying down on the ground. 'I'm here,' I said while panting loudly. I let myself fall down on my knees and pulled off my hoodie to put it under his head, turning him to his side after.

His seizure had already started since he didn't reply to me and his face was twitching. I just grabbed his hand and ran my other hand through his hair.

'I'm going to get some toilet paper for your mouth, George. I'm back in a second, don't be scared.'

I quickly grabbed toilet paper and wiped his mouth, but his body started shaking even more. It was way worse than normally and his eyes started rolling away. He seemed to be crying softly and I held his hand very tightly to calm him down again.

Suddenly, his eyes rolled away again, but he seemed to be unconscious now. I started hitting his head softly while his body was shaking and pulled him closer to me. 'George, wake up. Wake up.'

I read about this being a grand mal seizure where he lost consciousness. It was very scary to see, but if everything went right, he would wake up as soon as his seizure was over.

I sat with him, making sure he wouldn't hit his head or bite his tongue while running my hand through his hair. 'I hope you quickly wake up again, George. It's scaring me a bit,' I whispered.

George seemed to have lost all control over every single muscle in his body since he was shaking this badly, his face was covered in drool and I tried to wipe it away as much as I could. It eventually even caused him to pee his pants, but I also read that this was a very common thing since he didn't have control over his bladder anymore.

I would just call his parents to bring him some new stuff and then go home with him.

Luckily George started waking back up three minutes later and looked around him in confusion. His body stopped shaking and he seemed really tired, pointing at his head.

'Does your head hurt?' I asked as I held his hand.

He nodded and closed his eyes, staring in front of him. He seemed really confused about what just happened and wanted to sit up to walk away. I gently pushed him back down. 'I don't want you to walk now.'

'Friend?' George muttered.

'Who do you mean, George?'

He shrugged and closed his eyes again. He was really confused and I let him take his time to recover.

It took ten minutes before he sat up and looked down at his trousers. 'I'm sorry-,' he started.

I grabbed his hand. 'Don't apologise, I've read about it. It's a very common thing.'

'Am I gross?'

'You're not,' I said, smiling at him. I grabbed his phone. 'I'm calling your mother so she can bring you some new pants and underwear and then you're going home.'

George nodded slowly and closed his eyes again. 'Such a bad headache.'

While calling his mother, I started massaging George's forehead as he closed his eyes.

'Hi, it's Clay,' I said to George's mother as she picked up the phone. 'George had a grand mal seizure, I want him to go home.'

'Okay, thanks for calling me. I'm coming.'

'Oh and take some new pants and underwear with you, please.'

'I'll get them,' she said as I heard her walking up the stairs. 'Is he alright?'

'He's a bit confused and very tired. Oh, and his head is hurting a lot.'

'Yeah, I think it's best for him to sleep. Do you know what caused it?'

I looked at George and smiled shortly. 'Do you know what caused the seizure?'

He shrugged. 'The sudden stress and I didn't have a seizure for a few days. Then they are always worse.'

I nodded as his mother started talking again. 'Did something happen at school?'

I held my hand on the microphone and looked at George. 'Can I tell her what happened?'

'Vaguely, I'd rather not have her know about the uh- kiss.'

'Okay,' I said, releasing the microphone again. 'Something happened at school and we'd rather not go into detail. Anyway, we got recorded and it got sent in our group's chat and we got bullied and laughed at. They also recorded me having a seizure during my last hypo.'

'Did you go to the principal?'

'Our biology teacher took everyone's phone and took the person, who filmed it and sent it around, to the principal. He's probably getting suspended, if not expelled.'

'Good, what an idiot. I don't see what's funny about that,' George's mother said with a mad tone in her voice. 'I'm on my way, I'm going to hang up so I don't crash my car.'

'Okay, thank you. Bye,' I said, hanging up.

I just hugged George and then kissed his cheek. 'I like being with you, I hope you feel okay.'

George nodded. 'I'm glad to be with you too.'

1060 words