Jin

Y/N's POV
"Uncle! We have a problem!"

I raised an eyebrow and turned to focus on Zuko as he whispered, "one of the customers is on to us. Don't look now, but there was a girl over there at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nation."

I quickly turned my head, but Zuko grabbed onto my shoulder and forced me to turn back away, along with Iroh, "didn't I say don't look!?"

Iroh smiled, "you're right, Zuko, I've seen that girl here quite a lot."

I glanced over at her and sighed before placing my hand on Zuko's shoulder and chuckling, "yep, seems that she turns up during all of your shifts!"

And Iroh continued, "seems to me she has quite a little crush on you."

"What!?"

But before Zuko could say anything more, that same girl had appeared behind him, "thank you for the tea."

He took her money and I removed my hand from his shoulder as she asked, "what's your name?"

He quickly turned back to her, "my name's Lee. My uncle, Nora and I just moved here."

"Hi, Lee, my name's Jin. Thank you and... well, I was wondering if you would like to go out some time."

Zuko stared blankly for a moment before glancing back at me, a few seconds later, Jin exclaimed, "oh! Is she your girlfriend? I'm sorry! I didn't realise!"

I quickly waved my hands in front of me, "oh! It's not- we're not! I'm not his girlfriend..."

"Well... in that case, would you like to go out tonight?"

I exhaled and plastered a grin on my face, sending him a thumbs up- after Iroh had glanced at me, he replied in Zuko's place, "he'd love to!"

I sat in front of Zuko as Iroh slicked his hair down.

"Why did you do that!?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I hope you're not talking to me, because all I did was stick my thumb up."

Iroh chuckled, "this will be good for you! It's something you definitely need right now, you've been in a bad mood ever since we got here!"

I raised an eyebrow, "really? I think he's been in a bad mood ever since I met him. Are you sure that's not his default setting?"

As Zuko stepped out of the tea shop, I rushed to the window to watch what would happen between the two of them.

As she approached him, she lent forwards, ruffling his hair.

I usually play with his hair.

It looks better now that's he's grown it all over his head.

I couldn't hear what they were saying, but she wrapped her arm around his and pulled him away from the tea shop. And I stared out at the empty street for a couple of seconds before turning back to Iroh, "let's head back! I'd love to hear more about your days as a general!"

Zuko's POV
I sat fiddling with the last bits of food on my plate, feeling Jin's eyes on me, "so, how do you like the city so far?"

"It's okay."

"What do you like to do for fun?"

"Nothing."

I glanced over at her plate.

Y/N's a vegetarian, so she would never eat that... I wonder what she would've ordered if she were here.

"Excuse me, sir. Would you and your girlfriend care for dessert?"