~32

Bryce's POV:

That kiss I can't get out of my head even though it happened last night, I can't be attracted to Avalon she isn't my type, and plus she likes Jesse.

This evening is the huge party and so far everyone on my social media has been talking about it.

"Is everything ready for the party?" Donovan asks.

Felix and Nabila have spent the morning trying to get the dye out of their hairs, sad to say that the dye lasts five days in your hair, Avalon has been enjoying every moment of it.

They don't suspect us though, Felix thinks it's Donovan knowing how he loves pulling pranks on him, but Avery does suspect Avalon was behind this.

"Yes", I answer.

We have everything ready, lots of drinks and today we're eating takeouts for lunch since the party starts at 3 pm and everyone has things to do before that.

My phone rings, it's mom.

"Hey mom", I answer going up the stairs.

"Bryce, how are you?"

"Good, how's Hawaii?"

"Great, remember your flight tomorrow."

"I know, I'm leaving at 7 am to go back home and collect my suitcase then go to the airport."

"Are you taking a taxi?"

"Yes, I'll leave my car at the garage home", I answer.

"Good, remember don't drink too much tonight."

"I wouldn't plus I'll be sleeping early", I assure her.

"Great, see you tomorrow and stay safe", she hangs up.

I open the door to the bedroom and see Mackenzie sitting on the bed, "hey", she smiles at me.

"What you're doing in here?" I frown.

"Can't I see an old friend?"

"We broke things off Mackenzie", I sigh.

"But you're not seeing Nina anymore and plus I miss you", she confesses.

"Me or what we were doing?"

"What's the difference?"

I shake my head, "get out."

"What?"

"You heard me."

She scoffs and gets up, "if you need me, you know where to find me", she whispers as she walks past and purposely brushes her hand against my crotch.

I close the door when she leaves, she is something else.

I turn on my phone and look at the picture I took of Avalon last night when she was sound asleep, she looks cute when she's quiet. I shake my head, don't think about her like that Bryce, get a whole of yourself.

_____

"People are here, turn on the music", I hear Felix says from downstairs, I am standing by the window in the bedroom watching outside, there are a few people lingering in the back near the lake.

The music comes on as I hear cheering coming downstairs.

I am not ready to make my appearance just yet.

Suddenly the door opens and in comes Luciano with a worried expression.

"What happened?"

"Elle is here, I don't know what to do."