Chapter 4

The next morning when I woke up, I quickly dressed and washed myself, then I decided to leave my flat to go to Sherlock and John's to have breakfast with them.
I opened the door on the floor, in front of it, I found a package with a note.

"Here's the dress I told you about.
Don't ruin it and consider it as a gift.
I also took the liberty of buying you something else that's in there.
I really hope I remember your taste in clothes.
You're welcome.
I'll send you a car to pick you up, be ready for 6 p.m.

M.H."

I picked up the package and I walked to the near flat.
I knocked and John came to open the door.
-Oh, goodmorning y/n.- he smiled at me.
-Goodmorning John. I hope I didn't wake you up.- I said as he moved away to let me in.
-No, you didn't. Don't worry. Your brother should wake up soon. Do you want some breakfast?- he pointed with his gaze at the table.
-If you don't mind.- I said sitting in the one if the armchair.
John brought me a cup of tea and a plate full of eggs, sausages and bacon.
-I don't mind, be my guest.- he smiled sitting in the armchair in front of me. 
-It's so good. You're indeed a good cook.- I said, swallowing a bite.
-Thank you.- he smiled proudly. 
At that moment Sherlock walked in, yawing, you could see that he had just woken up.
-Morning Sherl.- I greeted him.
-Morning y/n. Morning John.- he said drinking from his mug.
-Morning Sherlock. Anyway, what's in that package?- he asked, looking at me.
-It's just the dress that Mycroft sent me for tonight. I didn't open it yet.- 
-Let's see what our dear brother sent to you.- Sherlock gave a quick look, I nodded and opened the package.
It was a beautiful night blue dress, with short sleeves, the skirt was in tulle, short in the front and long in the back, with some little highlights, that looked like stars in the night.
-Oh my god...- I was stunned and I didn't have words -It's just...it's just so beautiful.- I said, admiring it.
-There's something else. Look.- Sherlock said taking out a pair of shiny black heels.
-They're so pretty.- I said looking at them. 
-They look...expensive.- John said -Not that money is a problem for Mycroft, I mean.- 
-I guess so.- I shrugged -I'm going to try them on.- I said going into the bathroom. 
I quickly changed and they honestly looked pretty good on me.
"You made a pretty good choice, Mike." I thought, looking at my reflection in the mirror. 
I walked out and I noticed Lestrade, that Donovan woman and another man in the room.
-y/n?- Greg asked -Morning.- he said as all of them looked at me head to toe. 
-Goodmorning. I didn't expect people here.- I said -I didn't heard you walked in.-
-Who's she, Sally?- the man asked Donovan. 
-It's y/n Holmes. The freak's sister.- she whispered, but I decided to ignore her.
-y/n, he's Anderson. He works for Lestrade.- Sherlock explained. 
-Morning.- I smiled.
-Anyway you look amazing.- Greg said.
-He's right.- John nodded.
-Thank you.- I grinned, seeing Anderson looking at me and Donovan looking pretty badly at the both of us.
"They may have some type of relationship." I thought.
-Do you have a date?- the man with grey hair asked.
-Nope, just a party that Mycroft hosts. I'm going to change. I don't want to ruin it. With your permission, I'd go.- I excused myself, went to the bathroom again and changed clothes. 
Then I decided to text Mycroft. 

Mycroft🌂

Goodmorning and thank you for the dress and the shoes.
They fit and I love them.

Goodmorning, glad you enjoyed my presents.
I'll see you later, I have work now.

I turned off my phone and I snorted.
"Work, work, work. Always work. He probably wouldn't attend my funeral if I'd die right now." I thought, leaving the bathroom. 
I came back where John and Sherlock were and I noticed that the guests had gone away.
-Sorry for not telling you that there were people.- John apologized. 
-It's okay, don't worry. Anyway Sherlock, do Donovan and that man have a relationship?- 
-You said that you hadn't the thing.- John said, giving me a confused look. 
-I don't. I just noticed the look she gave me when he saw me in that dress.- I shrugged. 
-It's an affair more than a relationship.- he said casually, sitting on his chair and bringing together his hand under the chin, and John sat too.
We started talking so we could know each other better with John and catch up with Sherlock, being years that we didn't talk or see each other. 
-While I was coming here I saw an amazing Westwood black coat but it cost like 1,500£.- I sighed.
-You could ask Mycroft, he would buy it.- Sherlock said.
-I can't ask him to buy all my clothes, Sherl. I'm an independent woman. If I want something I'll buy it.- I said -Talking about buying, I need to find a job. Do you have any advice?-
-But you already have our parents and grandparents's money. What's the point?- Sherlock asked.
-Grandparents' money?- John asked.
-Yeah, when they died we found out that they had divided their money among me, Mycroft and Sherlock. So I paid for my own studies.- I explained. 
-Anyway you should talk to Mycroft. He knows everything everywhere. He'd know where you could find a job.- he said. 
-I hate to say it. But he's right.- John said.
-I'll ask him tomorrow. What time is it?- said checking the phone -Oh my god. It's late. I have to go to get ready. I'll see you later, bye.- I said standing up and storming out of the flat.
I quickly took a shower and dried myself. 
I fixed my hair.
For makeup I put on some mascara, eyeliner, a bit of blush and some gloss.
Nothing too complicated, because I didn't have time and will.
I put on the dress, the heels and a little black handbag, then I walked out of my flat going to the 221b.