Chapter 27

y/n's pov 
After Noah had fallen asleep, I sat on the couch, next to Sebastian. 
-So...I'm sorry for disturbing you. At least you talked a bit?- he asked. 
-Yeah, just a few minutes. I told him that I needed time and he told me that he will wait for me.- I sighed. 
-Did you slap him?- he asked, smiling. 
-Of course I did.- I smiled back.
-Should I call him?- he asked me.
-I don't know. Do what you think is right.- I shrugged -Anyway film?- I asked. 
-Absolutely.- he nodded.
-What about Thor Ragnarok?- I asked, grinning. 
-Please don't fangirl over Loki in the black suit.- he said in a dramatic tone. 
-Do you prefer watching Crimson Peak?- I asked, turning to him.
-Oh hell no. And let's watch Thor Ragnarok.- he sighed dramatically. 
-Don't pretend you don't have a crush on Valkyrie.- I laughed. 
-Since you can simp on Tom I can simp on Tessa.- he defended himself -She's hot, ok? Leave me alone.- he laughed a little. 
In these two years Sebastian has become like a brother figure to me and I loved him in a totally platonic way. 
-Anyway thank you. For everything you've done for me and Noah in these two years.- I said.
-You're welcome. You are like a sister to me. Don't worry too much, I already told you like a thousand times.- he smiled at me, then we continued watching the film. 
The next morning I decided to text Jim to set up a meeting. 

Jim M.💕

Hey Jim, good morning.
Would you like if we met today for a talk?
Maybe at the café where we went when you were "James"?
Let me know.

No, I'm busy.
J.M.

Oh, alright.
Tomorrow perhaps?

I don't know. 
I'll see.
J.M.

Alright.
Is everything okay, Jim?

Totally.
Why do you ask?
J.M.

You just sound a little angry or annoyed, I don't know.
That's all.

Trust me.
Everything is absolutely okay. 
Enjoy your day.
J.M. 

Alright, let me know for tomorrow.
Enjoy your day too.
:)

I sighed and turned off my phone.
-What did he say?- Sebastian asked, coming into the room. 
-Today is busy, for tomorrow he will see and it's obvious that something is wrong.- I said, handing him my phone -See for yourself.- 
-This is pretty weird. The Jim I know would never refuse a "date" with you.- he said.
-I know, that's the problem.- I buried my face in the pillow. 
-I'm sure you'll figure it out.- he smiled, patting my shoulder. 
A few days passed and Jim still didn't want to see me and I didn't understand why.
I felt like a piece in my life was missing. 
That morning Sebastian was out of London for some stuff, and he wouldn't come back before the afternoon, so I was alone with Noah.
-Enough! I'm tired of this.- I said after another refusal -I'm going to see him.- I said standing up, while Noah looked at me confused and scared -Sorry cutie pie. I didn't mean to scare you.- I smiled at him, ruffling his hair -Mama needs to see someone, will you stay with Mrs Hudson for a little?- 
-Mhmh.- he nodded, hugging his little black cat plushie. 
I went to the woman and asked her if she was okay with it.
After having her approval, I started to get ready. 
When I went to check on Noah, I noticed he had fallen asleep, so I put him to bed.
-I will come back very soon.- I said, closing the door of his room -Thank you so much Mrs Hudson. I will wake him up when I'll come back.- 
-Don't worry, now go and talk to him.- she gave me a knowing look, I thanked her again, before leaving the flat. 
-Goodmorning y/n.- I heard Thomas's voice. 
"What is he doing here at this time?" I wondered "Oh, whatever." 
-Oh, hey. Goodmorning Thomas.- I smiled at him -Sorry but I'm in a rush.- I said. 
-It's okay, don't worry. Enjoy...whatever you are gonna do.- he laughed a little.
-Thanks.- I smiled back, sitting in the car.
I drove to the Manor and I saw Jim's car parked.
"Okay, he's here." I thought. 
I got out of the car, walked to the door and knocked at it. 
-Goodmorning Miss Holmes. What can I do for you?- a man came up to me.
-Goodmorning. Is Jim here?- I asked him.
-Yes, he is.- he said.
-Can I come in? I need to talk to him.- I said.
-Yeah sure.- he said, letting me in. 
I walked to his study and all the way through I was asking myself if it was a good idea.
Arriving in front of the door, I knocked loudly. 
-Come in.- I heard his voice. 
I lowered the handle and walked in.
-Goodmorning Jim.- I said.
-Oh, hey. Goodmorning y/n.- he said, a little surprised. 
"He didn't call me dear? What is happening to you, Jim?" I thought. 
-Why are you ignoring me?- I asked him directly. 
-I'm...I'm not ignoring you. I'm not.- he said, looking out of his window. 
-Yes, you are and I wanna know why, Jim.- I said, getting closer to him -Did I say something wrong the other day? I need to know, Jim.- I said, sighing. 
-I...I don't want to talk about it right now.- he said, shaking his head. 
-Why? Just tell me what the fuck I said wrong!- I almost screamed, positioning myself in front of him. 
-It's not what you said! It's what you did!- he screamed back at me, as I blinked my eyes in fear, but I tried to keep my head up. 
-What the fuck I did wrong, Jim?!- I yelled, as I slammed my fist on the desk. 
He was about to answer when my phone rang. 
Mrs Hudson.
I immediately picked it up, leaving Jim surprised. 
-y/n...- she said and I could hear that she was worried. 
-What's wrong, Mrs Hudson? Is Noah okay?- I asked, as I felt my heart sink. 
-He was...he was sleeping and...I went to check...on him and...he wasn't there...the window was open...- she said, with a trembling voice -I'm truly sorry...- she said and my heart skipped more than one beat and I felt my eyes teary. 
-It's okay, Mrs Hudson. Did...did you already call the police?- I asked, trying to sound calm.
-Yeah, I called Sherlock and he...he called Lestrade. They just arrived.- she said.
-Alright, I'm...I'm coming.- I said, ending the call. 
I felt my legs shaking and I fell on my knees, covering my face and crying. 
-Hey, hey. What's wrong?- Jim asked, changing his tone in a sweet and worried one, kneeling next to me.
-Maybe it's not...not the way I imagine telling...telling you this...but I have a...kid...- 
-I...yeah...I saw you and Sebastian with him...- he said, looking away -I would...I would like to say that I'm happy for you two...but I can't see you two together and...- he said.
-What...what are you talking about?- I asked, wiping my eyes. 
-I'm talking about you, Sebastian and your kid.- he said -You seem a happy family.- 
-Noah is not Sebastian's son...it's...it's yours.- I said, looking down.