Chapter 37* || They Were Right

𝐑 𝐎 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

There's a thin line between love and hate...so everyone says...and they might be right.

We are the classic example of two people who despise each other and live to piss the other off, yet end up falling for each other. When all your friends can see that it's going to happen and you deny it until the very end, but then they are there waiting to tell you 'I told you so'.

Having now been official for almost a week, our class has gotten used to seeing us be touchy with each other and not arguing...as much. Where our arguments used to be filled with hostility and competitiveness, they're now more playful.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket, and I take it out with my free hand that isn't holding the drink carrier with Hollywood and my drinks in.

Hollywood: are you that obsessed with me already that you can't stop staring?

Looking up from my place in the doorway of our lab class, I look over to our bench where she smirks at me, and I shake my head before walking over.

"You're a pain in my ass," I tell her as I place the holder down on the table and she happily takes her iced tea. Placing my bag under the lab desk, I grab my lab coat and sit down next to her. She leans over to kiss my cheek in thanks.

"I was just stating facts before anyone noticed and thought they would be seeing you on one of those serial killer documentaries," She jokes, and I roll my eyes.

"I bring you a drink and this is what I get?" I question, and she nods her head. "Ready for tonight?"

"Are you ready?" She raises her eyebrow. "You know we're going to be on opposite teams and our competitive nature will come out."

Octavia has planned for us all to go to one of the student bars of campus that does quiz nights that are famous around here. They get wildly competitive and loud. Unlike some places where they'd give out crap prizes, they give out money here...hence why it's so popular.

"Why are we on opposite teams?" I ask, rolling my eyes at the fact Tavia said we must be.

"She thinks it will be more fun that way." Rosalie shrugs.

"More fun for her, yeah," I scoff, and she chuckles. "Oh, before I forget. My mom is planning to make dinner on Saturday. She makes a campfire in the backyard, we eat dinner and then make s'mores for dessert. She asked me to invite everyone."

"That sounds fun." Lia smiles and I nod my head.

"I think she just secretly wants to invite you to dinner now we're together," I joke, and she laughs.

"I'm sure my parents win the crazy award don't worry. When my mom told my dad, he wanted to fly out to interrogate you." Rosalie explains and I raise my eyebrow. "See, crazy."

"Well, that doesn't surprise me considering your nature of crazy," I sigh, and her jaw drops.

"Just for that. I'd let him." Lia points her finger in my face, and I push it away.

"Ok everyone! We have a lot to get through today, so let's get started."

❈❈❈

"Your asses are going down!"

Our table of friends all look at each other at Cara's enthusiastic and competitive outburst. Sitting in the student bar we're crowded around a booth with us guys on one side and the girls on the other as we split into two teams.

"Control your girlfriend, please," Isaiah tells Miles, who points to himself and shakes his head as if he's too scared to say that to her.

"And you thought Roman and I would be the competitive ones," Rosalie scoffs, crossing her arms and leaning back against the booth seat.