Three: Liam

Three

"Auburn, I have to go to work. Ten hour shift today so please call your parents instead of me if you need something. I'll be very busy," Mason said, kissing me quick on the cheek before grasping his leather coat and car keys into his hands and heading for the door. Sighing, I watched as he left, before plopping myself down on the brown couch we had in our big living room and elevating my broken leg.

Yes, I had chose to come home with Mason instead of my parents, for all my things were here and I didn't feel like causing too much of a hassle for anyone. However, I didn't like how he kept leaving me here, just a week after such a traumatic experience in which I was still injured from. But, being a lawyer and all called for a lot of hours in order to keep up with all the cases, or so Mason told me at least...

Throwing my mind away from Mason and how busy he was, I noticed a small slip of paper stuck onto the coffee table in front of me where my leg was propped up on. It didn't look to be Mason's handwriting, yet cursive and quite feminine. Is this mine? I wondered, as I leaned down to pick up the paper and read over what it said. Groceries needed- Wine, French bread, and hazel nut spread.

"What kind of a grocery list is this?" I asked myself, before reading the last bit of handwriting at the bottom. Mason needs these ingredients by Monday the 27th of January for party at job. Go to Goods Food Store down the road. Looking at the calendar I noticed that the date was already January 20th, seven days away from when he needed the ingredients.

"My doctor did say I should be walking around more..." I hesitated, before lifting myself up from the couch and exiting into the kitchen adorned off the living room. It was a small room, with white tiled walls and floors, as well as white wooden cabinets overhead the appliances lining the walls.

Opening up the coat closet in the kitchen, I put on a white button down jacket, mittens, and a lone black boot onto my non casted leg. As for the injured one, I coated it in socks to keep it warm due to the winter weather.

Grabbing onto my wooden, brown crutches I lifted them up to my arms and helped myself as I walked over to grab a hold of some extra cash on the counter to use for the items needed. 

"Hopefully it's not too cold out there..." I whispered to myself, before slowly going over to the front door and opening it. Immediately I was greeted by small snowflakes which fell from the sky, but none which actually stuck to the ground. Wow, this is great weather for a January day in Utah. Usually they aren't this nice. I thought, before working my way out of the house and onto the sidewalk.

Looking ahead, I could already see the grocery store in the distance. "Well, that's excellent," I laughed, not even really caring how much of a coincident it was and started walking down the small suburban neighborhood. Houses of gray lined side by side for blocks, not changing looks one bit. Finding my house on the way back is definitely going to be a chore. I thought irately, realizing how little I actually remembered.

Eventually, after what seemed like twenty minutes, I made my way to the store and entered inside the warm atmosphere. It was a cozy little store, with racked shelves of goods every which way and employees smiling at their registers, waiting to help.

"Where do I find myself some wine?" I asked one male employee, in which had a head full of black curly hair which hung down low to his pale shoulders.

"This way, ma'am," he said, as he brought me into a separate area of the grocery store where all the alcoholic beverages were found.

"Thanks," I told him, as he scampered back to his register and waited to help the next person. Smiling, I brought myself to the wine selection and picked out the one I thought would be best, even though I knew nothing about wine at all or remembered at least. La Crème, is what it read on the front of the white-green colored bottle. "Sounds good to me," I shrugged, before picking it up off the shelf and plopping it in a nearby empty cart that I had found and claimed as mine.