Chapter 8- Epilogue

Seven months have passed since Natasha and I parted ways

Seven months have passed since Natasha and I parted ways. I was back in New York and had just celebrated my 18th birthday. I was staying at an old beat up motel and spent most of my days there alone. I couldn't go anywhere since I was still considered a national fugitive. The only thing I was able to do was call Will on a burner phone I had kept from when I was staying with Natasha. I called him almost every day since he was the only person I could talk to. My other friends were either locked up or in hiding.

I was sitting at a small table in the motel room I was staying at and was fiddling with my arrow necklace when the phone started ringing. Knowing it was Will, I picked it up.

"Hey, how was your trip?" I asked Will.

"It was good. We stayed at my Uncle's beach house in Florida." Will says.

"Anything interesting happen while you were there?" I ask.

"No. Not really. We just mostly hung out with some of our relatives. I did get to go jet skiing." Will says.

"Really? How was that?" I ask.

"Awesome, actually. My uncle had this boat and he took us out in the water. My cousins and I did a contest to see how long we could stay up without falling into the water." Will says.

"Did you win?"

"No. I fell flat on my face." Will laughs. "But it was still a great time."

"I'm glad you guys had fun." I say.

"I really wish you could have been there with us." Will says.

"I know. But you know why I can't." I say with a sigh.

"I know. It's just...I miss seeing you around. Have you been able to get in touch with any of them?" Will asks.

"No. Not really. I'm not exactly on speaking terms with most of them." I say.

"Do you think you'll see each other again?" Will questions.

"Eventually. But it's probably not going to be a happy reunion when we do." I say.

"Have you found anything about your brother?" Will asks. I told Will about my mother's letter and how I have a half brother I never knew about. He sounded shocked at first but was happy that I was able to discover something new about my past.

"No. No such luck. But you want to know what's weird?" I ask.

"What?"

"I keep having these dreams and I think they're about my brother." I say.

"What did you see?" Will asks.

"I don't remember a lot but I don't think he's on Earth. I think he might be in space." I say.

"So you're saying he's an alien?"

"Well, he looks just like you and me. He doesn't have green skin or anything like that." I say.

"Has anything else happened since you've been having these dreams?" Will questions.

"No. Except that I haven't been able to get much sleep because of this. I just hope I can find him soon and get out of this dump I'm in. I don't know how much longer I can take it." I say.

"I'm sure you'll find him, Kait. You just gotta be patient." Will says.

"Patience is not something I'm good at. I can sense his presence, Will. Even though he's not here, I can feel him. It's almost like a connection. Kind of like what I have with Thor. It's a bond." I say. "He's out there somewhere. I know it."

"Well, if your brother really is in space. How do you think you're gonna get there? You can't fly." Will says.

"I'm sure I'll figure out something." I say. Suddenly, a bright blue light appears underneath the closet door and I get up from my chair.

"Kaitlyn? Hello?" I hear Will say as I slowly make my way towards the closet. When I reach the closet, I open the door and a blue glowing portal filled the closet.

"Are you there? Kaitlyn?" I put the phone back to my ear and answer Will.

"Uh, Will, I gotta go. Talk to you later." I hang up the phone. I reached my hand out to the portal and when it went through, I was suddenly transported to a strange planet. I find myself watching a fight happening before me. I look up with wide eyes at a giant monster as a team of odd looking people try to take down the monster.

"What the...?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And there we have it! Kaitlyn is about to meet her brother, Peter Quill/Star Lord

A/N: And there we have it! Kaitlyn is about to meet her brother, Peter Quill/Star Lord. I'm so excited for what's about to happen in this next chapter of Kaitlyn's story. It looks like Kaitlyn has discovered another ability. The ability to create portals and travel anywhere she wants to go to. What do you think of this new power? The next chapter I will be writing in the Kaitlyn Saga will be:

 What do you think of this new power? The next chapter I will be writing in the Kaitlyn Saga will be:

I can't wait for you guys to read this one! This is going to be a lot different from the Avengers. This will definitely be different for Kaitlyn. New team, new faces, strange planets. How do you think Kaitlyn will interact with each of the Guardians? Will she be able to adjust to this new team of heroes?

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for reading! :)