05.

Smut warning xx

I hate to admit it but the frat party was a success.

I had never expected it to be this good. I made friends with people I usually would never interact with. Not that I can say I'm a newborn person now. If I were to go to a party again, I'd probably feel as much out of place as I did yesterday.

The alcohol I consumed made everything a little easier for me—I became a bit more carefree.

I'll keep that in mind for the next time I'm going to a party again.

But since it went so well, it is also the reason why I now ended up, in Mrs. Cobb's classroom at nine in the morning the next day accepting her offer for the assisting position—with a raging hangover nonetheless.

When I enter the room she is sitting at her desk, I knock on the door to signal I'm here before I walk further into the room. Mrs. Cobb looks up to see who is the source of the knocks and the corners of her mouth turn up as she sees me.

Hesitant, I walk further into the room and she stands up from her desk, "Kiya hi, I assume you're here because you've made a decision?" She asks when I'm close enough.

"Yeah, I um...made a decision..." I trail off.

I am still a bit unsure of what it will mean and what is going to happen when I take this position.

"And what is it going to be," Something behind her voice tells me she already knows I'm going to say yes. It's almost as if she has an instinct that can tell what students are about to tell her.

I straighten up to seem a little more confident when I give her my answer.

"I'm going to do it," I say with as much determination in my voice as I have.

I don't prove her wrong by indeed saying yes—I live up to her expectations.

"I'm glad to hear that Kiya, I knew you were going to do it." She smiles warmly. Mrs. Cobb is one of those teachers that loves their students and cares for them individually. They always say college teachers are a lot more impersonal than high school teachers but I have never gotten that from her, "I'll let Coach Clark know."

"Thank you so much for the opportunity, Mrs. Cobb." I thank her dearly. I appreciate her going out of her way for me to get a position on the team.

"No worries Kiya, you're the best in my class. I think this is going to be a great learning experience for you and you'll grow a lot within that team." She says and I nod along with her. I feel like she is not only talking about growth in the medical environment but also personal growth, "Coach Clark will email you the details. Make sure to check it over the weekend there is a fair chance you are already expected at practice on Monday evening." She says lastly.

I thank her once more for the opportunity before I leave the room and sit through the rest of my classes with a throbbing headache from my alcohol consumption.

I should've just gone home after I talked to Mrs. Cobb, but I drank last night and now I must also deal with the aftermath of it even if it's torture sitting in class.

On Sunday morning, I have another run-in with my shower buddy. Except for this time, I can already hear him singing when I enter the bathroom. A smile tugs on my face as I hear his delightful voice.

I quickly get undressed and turn the shower on.

If he is fazed by it he doesn't let me know, or he doesn't hear it over his own voice and the noise from his shower.