26.

smut warning

enjoy x

I lay on my stomach in Del's bed, studying. As I'm going through my notes, Del is busy doing a workout on his yoga mat—shirtless, may I add.

Things have been so good between the two of us. We are spending so much time together, more than the occasional driving me to hockey practice and whatnot. Last weekend we drove up to Boston and spent the whole day just people watching.

It was basically walking around the city and then stopping to sit on a bench and watching all people walk by. We made up different scenarios and life stories for those that piqued our interest. It was so good. We had the best time—our whole day was filled with laughter.

The only unfortunate thing that happened was the text I'm still staring at right now.

Unknown: Hey Ki, we didn't get any time to catch up at the game last time, so we should still meet up sometime. I'd be happy to drive up to you any of these days. Xx

The person it came from obviously isn't unknown to me, but I didn't want to save his number on my phone. I don't understand why he now, all of the sudden, is so interested in seeing me again, didn't he fall in love with some girl over there.

Why did he feel the need to add the kisses in the end? Even when we were together, he never did that, there was the occasional I love you text, but it was never followed by 'xx' I just want to know what this guy is aiming at with this text. Does he want something with me again, or is he just being polite? Or is it just because now that he saw me with another guy that he is jealous and his fragile ego cannot handle me moving on, albeit he did first.

No, that last one can't be it. I actually can't utter a bad word about Bodie. He was great to me; he never was like that. He is a pretty confident guy and always treated me with respect. The only bad thing he ever did to me was falling out of love with me and fall in love with someone new. That one still hurts, but I think otherwise, it wouldn't have worked out either.

We used to see each other every day, and then suddenly it was reduced to maybe once a month if we were lucky. It was only logical for him to fall for someone else. It just proved to me that we weren't as strong as I thought we were, as I was the only one still the utmost in love with him.

I haven't told Del or anyone else about this text. Darlene doesn't even know I saw him after the game.

When I received the message in Boston, I did my best to hide the bad feeling I got from the text, and Del didn't ask about it. When I looked at him, I could see it was at the tip of his tongue to spit the words out, but he decided not to pry.

I can't keep ignoring Bodie, can I? Maybe I can find some closure if I do talk to him. I can let another part of my past behind me.

"Kiya?" I hear him say, and I break out of my thoughts.

I look over my shoulder. Del is still on his yoga mat but sitting up straight right now. When I look at him, he slowly stands up and walks over to the edge of the bed, where he sits down.

I wait for him to talk again as he is the one that said my name.

I get a little nervous about him getting serious.

Maybe he knows about the text. The interaction between Bodie and Del didn't go so great, so maybe, he wants to know why he is texting me. Del is my boyfriend now—maybe, he wants to control me.

No, he is not like that. Just because he dated Tamara means he is the controlling type; if anything, she controlled him.

I decide to come out of my position of lying on my stomach. I sit up to be at eye level with him. I feel less small like this.