The Hood

"Im not kidnapping you." 

"Good. Gotta say 3/10 experience. Would only recommend it if-"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss, the building has been infiltrated." A man alerts Sophie with anxiety written across his face.

"Already? Well, goodbye lovely daughter of mine. I will be speaking to you again soon." She waves as she exits to the elevator, leaving the man and Mari alone. She glares at the woman with cold eyes as the elevator doors close shut.  

"I need to pee." Mari states aloud for the guard to hear.

"What?"

"I need to take a god damn piss." She hisses crudely.

He walks towards her, enough for Mari to notice the knife strapped to his leg. One more step and she can grab it from him. 

"No." He states simply, his voice filled with false authority.

"You want me to go on the floor? Cause I will." Mari threatens.

"Hold it. Im not your babysitter." He takes another step forward, solidifying her plan. 

Mari grabs knife, undoing the rope before he can process that she's free. She stabs his thigh causing him to let out a wail. 

A gun goes off, echoing throughout the vacant building. The bullet flies through the man's head causing blood and guts spray across Mari's face. She lets out a scream of pure shock and surprise. 

The large mans dead body falls to the floor, revealing another in a red mask where the body once stood. His chest is covered in a crimson bat and the barrel of his gun still smoking. He's a vigilante, but not just any. He's the infamous Red-hood.  

"Sorry about the mess kid." The gravely voice gestures towards the blood. 

"Y-your Red Hood."  Mari states still in shock. 

"Yes." He puts his gun back in the holster. "And you're Mari Wayne." He says her last name with distaste. 

"Glad you have eyes over that ugly ass mask of yours." She says causing him to chuckle. A beeping noise catches their attention. Small objects are littered across the wall. 

Explosives. Damn you mother. 

"Shit."  Red-Hood says as he grabs Mari, jumping out the window. The building explodes behind the two as they go airborne. They land roughly on the roof of another building as Mari's ears ring. 

"Your like mortal enemies with Batman right?" Mari ask, semi-aware because of the news. 

Do you know Bruce. 

"We almost died in and explosion and you're asking me if Im friends with the Bat?" 

"Yes." She answers in a 'duh' like tone. He stands up, brushing soot and other materials off of his kevlar suit. He directs her to get into his car.

"Hey-you didn't answer." She taps on his car window as he makes his way to the wheel. "Dude are you kidnapping me?"

"Im not kidnapping you." He starts the engine. 

"Good. Gotta say 3/10 experience. Would only recommend it if-"

"Can you shut up." The vigilante begs. 

Nope. 

"I have a question." She states as if she is asking for permission but of course she isn't. The question is a long shot. Mari is only 10% sure that its true even with recent events.

"Are you Jason Todd?" The name rolls of her tongue. 

"WHAT THE FUCK." He slams the brakes of the car, and whips his head around. 

"Did Bruce tell you?"

"So does this mean Bruce is Batman! I knew it." She cheers. 

"Yes-I mean no." He slams his head against the wheel. "Shit." 

"So does this mean your taking me to the bat-cave? or should I say, Wayne manor." Mari raises and eyebrow quizzically. 

"Kid if you don't shut up, Im gonna shove this gun down your throat. "Jason threatens her.  

"Oooh Kinky." Mari smirks making him very  uncomfortable. 

"What the hell." His eyes widen under the mask. The car dives underneath a cliff into a cave entrance. Not just any cave, the Bat-cave. Mari stares at the cave structure and technology in amazement, it's better than she ever thought it would be. Not that she imagined she would ever step foot inside of it, let alone become family with the hero's that reside in it. 

"Thank God- Were here." He sighs in relief, "Now get the fuck out." 

------

A/N

I apologize for not updating in forever. Ive been focusing on school and other projects.