°•♡𝖙𝖆𝖊𝖍𝖞𝖚𝖓♡•°

°•°•♡•°•°
•°♡°•

°•taehyun's past•°

°•♡•°
°•°•♡•°•°

°•𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 • blood, death, violence, mention of suicidal thoughts•°

°•♡•°
°•°•♡•°•°

𝕿𝖆𝖊𝖍𝖞𝖚𝖓 was going home quickly, the city was pure chaos and people were attacking each other, he was just running as fast as he could to insure his parents were okay.

when he turned on his house's street he felt relieved, the usually twenty minutes walk from college to home felt like hours long, even if he was running. his classes had ended early with all the desperation the city was feeling. before he entered his house he saw the door open and the garden destroyed, taehyun furrowed his brows in worry.

"mom?! dad?!" he male called, stepping inside and being faced with an empty living room, what got his attention was the blood dirtying the wood floor.

taehyun widened his eyes and ran to the kitchen, finding both his parents sat on the floor, his father with an injury on his arm and his mother with her leg eaten in some parts. the neighbor's dead body next to them.

"what the fuck?!" the male turned and grabbed a cloth for drying dishes, tying it on his mother's leg.

"hyun, something happened." his father held taehyun's arm, making the male look at him. "we're dying, you have to be strong, okay? remember all we taught you, the government did this, we knew those bastards would do something like this, they probably infected the people with this disease to control the population! your mother and i are over, but you have to stay alive, okay? you have to live for us."

"dad shut up, you guys won't die!" he pressed his mother's leg, trying to stop all the blood flooding from the injury. "mom, hold on okay? i will call the ambulance or something."

"my taetae..." she put her hand on the panicked face of her son, caressing it. "go get your father's gun for me, please."

"i can't, you're bleeding too much!"

"taehyun, do as your mother say. we will still be here when you come back, it's just in the other room." his dad pushed him, making the boy ran to his father's office and come back minutes later, gun in hand.

"you have to shoot us, baby. don't worry, okay? it's not your fault." she held his hand, looking at him calmly. "you saw the news, we won't endure much until we turn into those creatures."

"are you crazy?! mom, i won't fucking shoot you, the news could be wrong!" he averted his eyes from his mother to the older male. "dad! this can be the government manipulating us, right?! wasn't that all you talked about?"

taehyun never believed the same things his parents did, but right now he was trying to hold on whatever hope he could have. he couldn't just kill his parents like it was nothing.

"hyun, that's the only option. listen to your mother, she always knows what she's saying, we both know that." the older laughed softly, patting his son's shoulder.

"baby, listen to mommy okay? we love you, we will always love you, but you have to do it okay? it's okay, it isn't your fault."

"no! i-" before taehyun could finish, his mother slapped him on the face.

"taehyun, you have to do it! do as we taught you, make us proud." the boy started crying and his dad caressed his hair, reassuring him.

"you're strong tae, you're my boy right?" his father smiled. "you can handle it, you can handle everything."

taehyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes. it was something his father taught him for when he had to do something difficult,  burying all his emotions deep down and don't let them get in the way. when he opened his eyes he was expressionless, not that much though, when his parents were still alive he was quite bad in doing it, but after? he had to deal with his mind, and the only way he could do it was not letting himself feel.

"yeah baby, like your dad taught." his mother held his face between her hands and kissed his forehead. giving her hand to the older male after, who held it tightly.

the younger got up, closing his eyes again and staring at his parents. his father have him a warm smile, reassuring everything was going to be okay. taehyun raised his arm, pointing the gun to his mother first. he stood there for five long minutes, staring at her shiny eyes, the ones he inherited, and pulled the trigger.

"it's not your fault, son. it's okay. we love you." it was the last thing he heard, the warm smile the last thing he saw, before pulling the trigger again. taehyun lowered his arm, staring at his now dead parents.

before he could grieve over them, an infected entered the house, attracted by the loud noise the gun made. the male turned and shoot the creatures, it falling on the ground. he didn't let himself stop, otherwise he would break, so he just grabbed a bag, put food in it, and left the house, his clothes covered in blood. his parents blood.

he ran to the woods on the other side of the street, thinking it would be a better option than staying on the streets where the probabilities of encountering other people or creatures were higher. he kept running, and running, until he felt too tired to do so. taehyun looked around, his only option being leave the woods, so he did it.

the male was farther from the city now, so it wasn't that chaotic, but he was attacked multiple times, to which he had to kill the infected. when he found a gas station, he didn't think before running to the store and stuffing more food in his backpack, as long with a flashlight and a lighter. he then left the place, trying to find somewhere less popular to where people went when needing supplies.

he did that for days, he spent days only running and trying to find a place at least slightly safe where he could rest and sleep properly. when he found it, a small clothing store hidden from people's eyes, he sat on the floor and broke. taehyun would sob while looking at his hands, full of dried blood. he couldn't stop seeing his parents faces, the warmth they oozed, the love they felt for him, the feeling of pulling the trigger and killing them.

he felt like shit, disgusting for doing it. he thought of shooting himself so many times that he couldn't count, but he would always remember what his father said.

you have to live for us.

he almost hated the older male for saying it, because he couldn't get it out of his mind. he felt like he owed them, he was the one to take their lives after all.

taehyun tried, but he couldn't sleep for days. he managed to clean his body and clothes, but he couldn't clean his mind. he was a murderer, he killed his parents, the only people he loved. so he did what his father taught, the only thing he could do to survive, to not drown in his own mind, he closed himself up. he didn't let himself feel anything, not even empathy or pity.

from that moment, he started being really good at it, so much he didn't even remembered how to feel. that is, until he met the long haired male who made his heart race and his mind be at ease, until he met beomgyu.

and he didn't plan to let another loved one die.

°•°•♡•°•°