Author's Note

Hey! Thanks for checking out The Whispers of Petals.

It's that time of year again

It's that time of year again. After promising myself I wouldn't take on any more writing projects, being in the middle of a crazy term of university and a heavy rewrite of one of my novels, I couldn't resist checking out the ONC prompts when they were posted.

Of course there were several brilliant prompts.

Of course there was one I couldn't get out of my head no matter how hard I tried. That prompt was prompt 46:

Ever since you turned eighteen, a lark's been leaving flowers, colourful pebbles and intricate elements of nature to you. Five years later, while on a trip to a well-renowned museum, a painting featuring a lark holding familiar flowers and similar pebbles intrigues you. You try to find the artist, only to end up at the abode of the museum's owner- also, the crown prince of a secret magical kingdom.

***

This story will most likely contain sexual content (probably fade to black, but there's a small possibility it'll be explicit. That all depends on where the story goes ;)). Either way, please keep this in mind when you start reading.

***

Content warning: there will be descriptions of physical and emotional abuse from the protagonist's past but no explicit abuse on the page. Please read with caution if you're sensitive to this kind of content.

***

If you're enjoying this story, please consider voting and feel free to leave comments to share your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you!

 I'd love to hear from you!

Happy reading!

Kara xx