Chapter six- The story

Dovelyn's Pov
===========================
I heard Raven sit down beside me and hastily dried my tears.

"I'm sorry." Raven whispered.

"No I shouldn't have freaked out." I replied feeling stupid all of the sudden. I saw Raven shake his head before he grabbed my hand, a habit of his.

"I want answers Raven. Why did those guys try to kill me?"

"That I can't answer. I'm sorry but I just can't." he replied. I sighed in frustration. Raven turned my face toward him and leaned in. I pulled my face away. No matter how much I liked him I couldn't kiss him.

"I need answers first Raven." I said not feeling as stern as my voice was. He looked hurt, and I wondered why he wanted to kiss me so much.

"Fine," he said sighing. He stood up and I thought he was going to leave but he pulled me up and handed me my crutches.

"We need to talk somewhere more...private," he said walking toward the door. I was numb with surprise, I was so not expecting that he was going to give in that easily. We escaped easily from the school. There was barley any security here.

I looked at the sky longingly, knowing fully well that I couldn't fly when I was injured. This totally sucked I couldn't heal myself or it would be too obvious, i'd have to wait until my next doctors appointment which was later in the week. When we got to his car I slid in awkwardly, and Raven took my crutches and put them in the back seat.

He drove us to a nearby coffee shop, I ordered a mocha and he ordered a cappuccino. He led me to a secluded corner and sat down heavily.

"Okay. You want to know why someone is trying to kill you? Well that's obvious, someone wants you dead." he snapped, but I could tell he was afraid for me. I nodded resisting the urge to slap him, sipping my mocha.

When he didn't go on I said, "What's the story?"
He sighed and rubbed his hands over his face, obviously not wanting to answer this one. When he put his hands back down on he table I touched them with my own,encouraging him.

"There's this guy called Ashwatthama,
lets just say his father was killed in a battle. Ashwatthama avenged his fathers death, but was too blinded by grief so he killed the sons of a guy named Pandavas, there was only one more heir to the throne and that was an unborn child. Ashwatthama killed that child and the mother, but a healer-"

"What?" I interrupted, enraged. Raven gave me a be-quiet-or-I-won't-go-on look. I sighed and sank into my comfy chair.

"But a healer revived the baby." He stopped and let me digest this information.

"So what has this got to do with me?" I asked confused. Raven sighed and continued.

"Ashwatthama was angry about the child living but was caught before he could do anything about it and was send to wander this world for all eternity, somehow the baby was lost and wound up on earth. Some say that people working for Ashwatthama kidnapped the baby but lost it in an ambush. This guy wants that baby dead."

I gasped could he mean me?

"Am I that baby?" I asked with trembling hands. Raven nodded. I was gonna be sick. My eyes started to tear up. I knew I was adopted, but now I new how my family died. Anger boiled inside me toward the man that ripped everything from me. Raven wiped the tears that rolled down my cheeks and scooted his chair closer to me. This was so much to take in, but for some reason I knew Raven wasn't crazy so I accepted his words. So many questions ran though my mind but I didn't have the energy to ask them.

"It's gonna be okay, I won't let anyone hurt you," he said wrapping his arms around me. He let me cry for what seemed like hours. When I finally stopped and pulled back I asked,

"Were you sent here to protect me?"
Raven nodded.

"Why you? Why do I have such a connection to you?" I asked more to myself than to anyone else.

"We are Forevers, Dovelyn," he whispered almost to softly for me to hear.

"What does that mean?" I asked, now he had my full attention.

"Since birth we were bound to find each other. There's no way you can fight the feeling of longing toward me, neither can I fight my desire for you," he murmured.

Oh.

My.

God.

Not only is someone trying to kill me but I was signed up to fall in love with him?

"Okay so you're telling me that I am signed up to fall in love with you? Don't I get a choice in this?" I asked trying not to rejoice that he was all mine. He looked hurt. Oh crap that was the wrong thing to say.

"I- it's not that I don't like you I just-" I stammered trying to cover up my words. He smiled and did something that I was totally not expecting. He. Kissed. Me. I nearly hyperventilated, but I kissed him back. Don't ask me why. I didn't want to. I mean, well yeah, I did, but don't tell anyone. He pulled back and looked into my eyes. the world disappeared.

"What am I doing?" I whispered. I don't know where my confidence came from but I started the kiss this time. He looked surprised but then smiled against my lips. I heard someone clear their throat and looked up to see an employee at the counter staring at us disapprovingly. I laughed and looked at Raven, his eyes darkened. I looked at him questioningly.

"We have to get out of here," he said standing up. I scrambled to get my crutches. Raven put a hand on my shoulder and took my crutches from me and sprinted toward the door. I watched him. I was so confused. He came back and picked me up bridal style. I gasped.

"Put me down right now!" I said loudly. Raven ignored me and rushed toward the door. He put me in the passenger seat and ran toward his door. When he got in the car he peeled out of the parking lot.

"What the hell?" I yelled.

"They were there," Raven said through gritted teeth.

"Who were there?" I cried.

"The people who are trying to kill you! Are you that idiotic?" He shouted. I shrank as far away as I could get from him. He did not just say I was idiotic.

"You did not just say that." I said dangerously.

"Uh yeah I did. What? Are you deaf now too?"

Wow what a jerk. I shot him a malicious glare.

"Wow remind me to take notes on your sudden mood swings. Your such a freakin jerk. I can't believe I kissed you!" I yelled. I saw hurt flash over his face.

Good.

We Drove in tense silence. He drove opening his mouth several times to speak but then snapping it shut again. We arrived at my house. Wait how did he know where I live?

Hashtag stalker status I thought. I grabbed my crutches awkwardly from the backseat and got out of his car. I hobbled toward the my home. Never glancing back.