Chapter thirteen- promise

Sorry it's short my lovelies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raven pov

Darkness swirled around my eyes as I laid on the hospital bed with Dovelyn curled into my body. She was looking much better than the day before, but she still hadn't woken up. I refused to listen to the doctors or her parents. I needed to hear her story from her mouth only.

Dovelyn stirred. My heart started to race as her breathing became fast and her eyes popped open. Her beautiful eyes glowed in the dark room. I held my breath for what? I don't know. She blinked.

"You're breaking the rules," she whispered, her voice raspy from not talking. I let out a forced chuckle but I quickly turned serious.

"And I'm never letting you go again," I murmured. Her eyes filled with tears.

"I didn't do it. I-it wasn't me!" Her voice getting louder with each word.

"Shhh. It's okay tell me what happened," I whispered. Dovelyn took a shaky breath before speaking in a small voice.

"T-there was a man. He m-made me look into his eyes and t-that's when he made me t-take sleeping pills that Jen t-takes, then he made me get into the b-bathtub," she was sobbing by the end. I pulled her closer and whispered comforting words into her ear.

"I t-tried to fight it, but I couldn't. I don't want to d-die," she sobbed into my shirt. Rage boiled inside of me. We were both shaking, but for different reasons. Her fear, me fury.

"He h-held me under u-until I started to get tired," she whispered. I held her until her body stopped shaking.

"It's okay Little Dove, it's alright. I won't let him hurt you again. I'm here and I will never let you go," I cooed. She sniffles and looked up at me. A little bit of light shone from a lamp in the corner of the room. Dovelyn's hair was a mess, and she had tear streaking her face. I wiped her cheeks, wondering how she could still look so angelic. I kissed her forehead, feeling her stiffen but relax and curl into my body again moments later. I watched her sleep, not bothering to call a nurse because she was unconscious again. I was finally able to rest easy knowing she was at least semi-okay.

Hours later

Screaming.
All I heard was screaming.
Female screaming.
Dovelyn.

My eyes shot open to see Dovelyn clutching the thin sheet on the hospital bed. She took a deep breath before bursting into tears. I gently grabbed her and pulled her to me, breathing hard. Nurses burst into the room, flipping in the lights. Dovelyn whimpered and shrank into my body.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave sir," a small, brunette nurse said to me timidly. I glared at her and shook my head. There were at least ten nurses or doctors in the room. It was suffocating. I stood up gently securing Dovelyn in her bed.

"Everybody get out! I want two nurses and one doctor in here at one time!" I roared. Power radiated from me, even though they were human they still felt my authority. Everybody besides three people left the room, almost tripping over each other to get to the door. I took a deep breath and calmed myself before I looked back to Dovelyn. She was quaking, eyes wide, staring at me.

She looked so...broken.
I took cautious steps towards her and scooped her into my arms and sat on the bed, careful of the wires.

"I am terribly sorry for that sir. I understand your anger. I will keep your request to two nurses and one doctor. May I check on Dovelyn's health?" the doctor asked. I nodded and set Dovelyn on the bed and sat on the edge of the bed. The doctor checked her pulse and reflexes, yadda yadda yadda before turning to me.

"She is in excellent condition, considering what events took place. We should be able to let her go in a few hours," he turned to Dovelyn, "you may experience fatigue, and ptsd for a while. I would advise you to see a therapist for your...problems," I had to refrain myself from ripping his throat. She didn't try to kill herself but only A few people knew this. We couldn't tell the humans because that would just lead them to think Dovelyn was pure crazy.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a small tug on my hand. My eyes softened when I looked at Dovelyn. The doctors had left a few seconds ago, leaving the room quiet, except for the constant beeping of her monitor. I let my Little Dove curl into my side and pulled my legs onto the hospital bed.

She sighed in content. I was going to protect her with my all. I would die for this little angel. I would hunt down every person that hurt her. I would do anything for this fragile girl in my arms. I'm in love with her and all the small things.

"Don't leave me again," she whispered.

"I wont," I said firmly.

"Promise me Raven."

"I promise my Little Dove."