Chapter 3

AN: I never thought I would put an effort into editing a map for this story.

(>^<)

(Dialogue heavy chapter)

Chapter 3: Payment

When Masao was once welcomed again into the world of the living, he sighed in relief when he felt the soft and squishy feeling on his back.

'Everything that happened is just a dream.'

He thought inside his mind. There were no strange chains on his neck and he can move his hands and feet freely. Sighing in relief, he was looking forward to his new day.

He gazes at the ceiling of his room for a moment before his face has turned into an ugly expression.

" So... It wasn't a dream... "

Masao muttered with a tired and despairing tone.

The ceiling was looking more luxurious and judging from this, the room was much bigger than his own.

" You aren't dreaming.."

Masao was surprised when he heard an unexpected reply.

" We have fulfilled your wish of freedom from the slave traders. So now that you are awake and free, what can you give us? "

Sitting in the bed, he was welcomed by the sight of Wallace sitting in a chair while holding a book in his hand.

As have described in the novel and depicted in the fan arts, his prominent wolf ears are indeed there along with his ash-colored and unruly hair. The menacing red eyes were present and thankfully this time, it wasn't glaring at him with hatred. Wallace was calm and didn't appear to have the intent to kill him....for now.

Masao lowered his head and bowed just like a well-mannered young man would do in the culture of his past life.

" Hmmm... Does it appear that the slave traders and your former masters have taught you some manners? Even it appears that it was a little eccentric. Instead of half bowing, shouldn't you fully bow down to me to show your gratitude? Prostrate yourself before me on the floor. One of your saviors who have released you from your torture and despair. "

Still not daring to look at the person before him, with his head lowered, Masao notice the palms and hands of the body that he was newly occupying. Littered with scars and bruises, it was probably one of the ugliest sights that he has seen in his life.

Back on Earth, it was rare for him to get a scar and it only occurred to him when he was only a child.

Perhaps, he now understands the reason behind one of the mysteries.

The 13th spawn of the Demon Emperor Luno Apocalisse Arkavelnias - before his unfortunate death was described as a human-hating demon. Among his siblings, he was the one who hates the beings that called themselves humans.

[ Hero of the current era, you are in the same cut as your recent predecessors. You like the others before you who have the gall to declare that you would save humanity and this world... Tell me. This human you have decided to protect and save, are they worth your sacrifice? ]

[.... ]

[ Ah, if he was here Hero, he would laugh and mock your efforts. Hmmm. Interesting. .. You haven't refuted my statement, Hero. You have known that not all of the humanity that you swore to save is worth your sacrifice. ]

[ I am not here to speak with you so you shall stop with your trickeries and manipulations. ]

[ Not everything in this world is black and white. Humans who have proclaimed themselves at the side of the light - you would be surprised at how much darkness the human hearts are capable of... If he was still alive right now, perhaps he would be the one who would be the most enthusiastic in the rally of father against the humans. ]