Chapter 12

When the kids were done playing at the park, it was almost time for dinner so Y/N and Jihyo made their way to Mrs. Lee's house. When they arrived the whole family was there already.

"Ah you're here. We were waiting for you." Y/N's uncle informed and let them in.

"Auntie!" Yunseo yelled and jumped on Chaeyoung. Yewon did the same but with Nayeon.

"It's clear that they have their favorites." Mr. Lee joked. Yunseo gets along with Chaeyoung while Yewon gets along with Nayeon.

"Everyone sit down so we can finally eat." Y/N's mother suggested and everyone did as they were told.

"Chaeyoung-ah, long time no see." Y/N looked at her. "What have you been up to?"

"I'm trying to find a job."

"You still didn't find anything?" Nayeon asked.

"Well, I kinda did but also kinda didn't? There's this one company I really want to get into."

"She's been rejected three times by that company now. Can you please tell her to give up and look for another company?" Mrs. Lee asked in frustration. Why is Chaeyoung so persistent on that one company?

"I just really want to get in there. It's either that company or nothing."

"Aish you brat. Just find a job, I don't care where it is!" Her mother scolded her.

"They already rejected you three times, maybe you should look for something else?" Y/N suggested to which everyone agreed.

"I'm sure I'll get hired, unnie. Just trust me please." Chaeyoung pleaded and everyone started to eat.

"Why are you two so quiet, especially you Jihyo?" Nayeon noticed how Y/N and Jihyo are not really in the mood. 

"Yeah, aren't you coming from the park? Usually you're all happy and smiley when you come back from there." The uncle added.

"We're just tired, nothing's wrong." Jihyo smiled weakly. 

"Alright, both of you speak up. Did something happen between the both of you?" Their mother questioned. "Jihyo, you were like this last time as well."

"Yah, unnie. Are you hurting Jihyo unnie?" Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows.

"Why would I hurt her? There's nothing going on between us. We're totally fine." Y/N denied.

"Then what's wrong?" Her mother asked.

Y/N looked at Jihyo before speaking up. She knows they're going to keep asking them what happened and if they don't tell them, they're going to assume things that are totally not true.

"Kids are you done eating?" 

"Yes." They both nodded.

"How about you go play in auntie's room?" Y/N suggested and both kids left to play in Chaeyoung's room.

"Yewon got into a fight at school the other day." Y/N revealed.

"Wait, what? Yewon would never hurt someone." Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Is my grand daughter okay? Is she hurt?" Mrs. Lee stood up about to leave to check up on Yewon but Y/N lowered her to sit back down.

"She's fine. She isn't hurt, but the boy she hit was."

"Why did she hit him?" Mr. Lee asked. 

"He made homophobic comments in class and that triggered her into hitting him. We already talked to the principal and all to explain the situation. But before we came here we saw the boy and his mother in the park. And let's just say that the woman told her son to stay away from us because she's homophobic."