Change Of Character

Two days went a lot faster than you thought it would be. Honestly, you didn't want to leave, and neither did your boys. You had to go home though, you had a little robot to take care of and your apartment was something you couldn't give up. It was all you had left after the accident. Leaving the PizzaPlex was like, in comparison, leaving behind a wanted child.

You felt terrible and groaned. Sun begging you to stay and Moon trying to force his way through with the lights on to persuade you to stay. His way, however, involved several moondrops.

That was something concerning to you and for you. Going through his code, you never noticed a file or insert that related to anything possessive. He didn't want to hurt you, but he did want you with him. Acting like a child when you left, becoming clingy when you are upset with him.

Almost like you were his mom/dad... technically you were. He was your creation. Yours alone. A big part of you didn't want to be like that, because he wasn't a child, his job was to take care of such. Yet, a small part of you did want you to be his parental figure, his and Suns. You didn't mind his actions all that much and angry cuddles were always amusing.

You flopped down on your bed with a deactivated Dust Bunny in your hands. You unscrewed his head taking it off and press the button connected to his neck. It opened his back exposing his very dirty filter. How much did he eat? You were actually kind of happy, he didn't normally eat so much. You took it out and put in the new, nice, clean filter. "There, while you're deactivated I can give you a cleaning," you whispered to yourself. You took a paper towel from the kitchen and dampened it before cleaning the dust and dirt off his little metal body.

You smiled, satisfied. You went back to your room and screwed his head back on and activated his systems.

He buzzed before looking around he made little happy clicks and waddled around your bed before falling on one of your pillows. "Lazy Bunny," you teased and laid down.

You woke up to a cold small spot shifting against your chest. "Bunny, stop. I'm up, I'm up. Jeez." you sat up and the soft sound of gears was heard. "Time for work," you yawned and got dressed. "I'll be home soon since its a half-day. That's how the weekends work," you said to your uncommunicative robot cleaner. "Don't do anything bad while I'm gone, okay?" you stated and he clicked loudly in response.

___

The place closed at seven instead of ten, Sun and Moon were not happy about that.

"Please! I promise we'll be good. Please stay a little longer." Sun whined. You imagine Moon nodding his head in agreement. "Moon won't pull any pranks," Sun assured. You sighed and helped a kid off the playset. "Go play with your friends, hon." you ushered. "Sun, I have things I have to do after work. I told you that you have to learn to be independent. It's part of me working in this department. I have to teach you." you tried to explain.

"I want to be independent with you." he pleaded and pulled you into a hug. you blushed and chuckled. You rolled your eyes and pushed away from him. "Okay, how's about we make a deal?" you asked pulling him down to your height. His right eye flashed red a few times, Moon was listening too. "I'll stay the night on Wednesday if you promise you'll learn to be independent from me for the next two days. Deal?" you purposed. He mumbled to Moon and you could have sworn you heard him growl through Sun.

That's concerning, he shouldn't be able to make any sound through Sun with the lights on.

"Okay, deal! Two days!"

You smiled and caressed his cheek, he leaned into it. "Miss/Mr. (Y/N)! Can you draw with me?"

___

Leaving was a bit amusing to you, Sun was trying very hard not to follow after you and squeeze you into one of his famous hugs before changing into Moon. "Love you, mom/dad." Moon said and winked. You chuckled and roller your eyes. "Love you too, bye." you licked your chapped lips and sighed.

Two days, something said Sun and Moon were going to have two very long days. Independence, you reminded yourself, they have to learn independence.

"What do you think, Bunny? Was I too harsh?" you asked your little cleaner. He had air compressors on his feet and he activated them to get to your nightstand. He pulled a ball of lint apart and swallowed. "You're right. They have to learn, maybe I could have gone with one day though."

You laid back and yawned. Maybe you just need to sleep on it. You were tired, obviously. If you were lucky, tomorrow won't be so hectic. "Come on Dusty, robots got to sleep too," you said quietly. He looked up at you before he displayed his battery where his eyes should be, 78%. You sighed and patted the pillow beside you. He clicked excitedly and jumped off your nightstand and onto the pillow. "Okay, sleep now," you mumbled and drifted off.

Loud clicking. Very loud clicking. "Okay okay, no need to robotically yell at me. I'm up." you said, he was on your neck with a little glare on his little face. "You have a lot of fun doing that, don't ya?" you asked. He smiled and slid off your neck. "Did you charge yourself?" you asked sitting up and rubbing your eyes. He clicked and used his compressors to jump off your bed. "Okay, work. I have work. Thank God it's a half-day."

Thank God for the weekend.

___(switching from 2nd POV to 1st POV)

"Sunny!" I called after opening the door. Why were the lights off? "Moon!" I called. No response. I sighed and pulled out my flashlight to find the light switch.

Why were the lights off? The lights are automatic (excluding naptime since it's time changes with the days of the week). I know for a fact I'm not here early. If anything, I was ten minutes late because Dust Bunny found a thumbtack and thought that would be a great snack.

"Moon? Come out, where are you?" I asked whispering the last part. I wonder if the power went out. No, there was power outside of this room, unless this area has it's own individual power cell.

There's the light switch! I sighed and went to turn it on. Flip! The lights are... still off? "What?" I mumbled. I was starting to panic. Where the hell are Sun and Moon and why aren't the lights working? "Boys? This isn't funny? Please, come out." I said.

Ring!

Ring!

I looked at my Fazwatch and notice it was Loren. I answered it and she looked at me worried. "(Y/N), you need to get down here now! Moon is-"

"Moon!? What happened?! Did you know the light switch isn't working?"

I ran down the halls and tunnels under the atrium (tripping mostly since I had to walk with a crutch) before rushing past people to get to Parts and Services. Please, please be okay. I threw the door open, it would have flown off if the hinges weren't sturdy.

"(Y/N)!"

I looked over at Loren who look beyond frazzled. I heard robotic glitched screaming. My robot was screaming. "Sunny!" I said and tried to run but Loren grabbed my arm. "He, um, he doesn't know who I am. His head was damaged real bad," she said, her voice quivering. I nodded and she let go.

I went into the room my boys were in and saw something that I broke down at. My Sunny's head was dented inward and was missing an eye. One of his arms was missing and wires were everywhere. He wore Moon's nightcap. This faceplate was so broken that he couldn't turn to Sundrop completely. His fingers twitched uncontrollably, and probably uncomfortably. His pants were moons with the suns rays around them. Made sense, his pants were wired to his legs (but could be easily separated if needed). Eye flashed as if he were unsure of who they wanted to be and at what moment. You realized, late, that these two minds are in painful control. Not one.

Workers flew back and forth trying to calm him down. It was failing miserably. I watched him try to grab a worker who tripped but I jumped in and stopped him. "Sunny, Moon, it's me, (Y/N). You need to calm down. Please, just calm down." I said lowering my hands. He looked at me with a blue eye. He mumbled something before looking at me shocked. He leaned down and his eye turned red.

"Mom/Dad?"