Oil For The Hinges

Cleaning was not your strong suit, obviously. You built a robot to do it for you. But shopping it was. "So why am I wearing a hoodie?" Moon asked. You hadn't left the house since yesterday. Much to the boys dismay, yet, they wanted to go everywhere with you. Understandable, childish antics was in their programming. Although, they put that much work into it seemed more them being boys rather than just programming.

"I'm going shopping, you want to come with, right? Like I said before, I will go to jail if I start walking around with the PizzaPlex Daycare Attendant. If I go to jail I will be fired. You will probably be decommissioned." You explained slowly. He groaned and used your new upgrade tried to shrink himself to 6 ft. "Okay, 6'5 will do. You're just cosplaying a very tall man." You stated.

He huffed and slid the pants you gave him on. Walking around in jester pants and a hoodie seemed not right but you would be judged for choice of clothing articles. He slid your... wait. Who's shoes did you say these were again? "Um, who's are these? Are you in a relationship?" He asked, that word made his head hurt. The child-parent relationship was shifting slightly. He didn't want to be your kid anymore.

You put your jacket on and chuckled. "No, they were my dads. Yesterday was the second anniversary of his death. He had big feet, they'll fit you." You stated raising an eyebrow up at him. He cleared his throat and stuffed his feet in. They felt different from his normal shoes.

You slid your Vans on and sighed picking your keys up. "Bunny, make sure around your charging station is clean. I'm tired of seeing dented nuts, bolts, and teeth marks in my pencils. If it's still there, no oil." You pointed your finger at him while he stood on the small decorative table you used as a paper placer.

He saluted and ran off under the couch. You groaned and waved Moon to follow you.

___

You ran fingers through your hair and sighed licking your lips. "It's a lot smaller than the plex." Moon stated leaning down to you. You nodded and cracked a small smile. "Its a market place that sells specifically food, like Food Giant or Ruler."

(AUTHOR NOTE: In America, Food Giant is basically a food and kitchen store with a deli. Ruler is a market that sells low price food and various food products that are kept fresh, healthy, and useful. You pay with a quarter to use a cart. You also have to bring your own bags because they don't have any. They are eco-friendly. For anyone who doesn't have these.)

"Don't ask to buy anything until we're done." You stated grabbing a basket. "Why not a cart? It seems to have more space for holding various products."

Moon and Sun were scanning, recording, taking snapshots of everything. This was a lot more different than the plex.

You took your phone out and opened the Notes App. A shopping list appeared and you smiled preparing yourself for the (hopefully not) onslaught of people asking questions about Sun and Moon.

"You don't have to scan everything, you know?" You asked rhetorically, quietly. You asked quietly. "I've never been in a various food selling company store before! I mean, I have, but the plex isn't designated for varying digestible edibles." They explained.

You scanned the lettuce heads.

He had been looking through his internal chip that could go through the web however and whenever he pleased. Using certain words written off titles and subtitles of articles was amusing. He wasn't wrong and your calm smile assured him of that.

He held the bag open to put the lettuce head in. You moved on to the condiment aisle.
Ranch, ketchup, mustard, tomato sauce, etc.

"I wonder, what is it that you are trying to make?" They asked. A place between, the lights and jacket were battling to give either one control. They weren't in pain but they were uncomfortable. You glanced over at Moon pushed the peeking sun rays back. "Come here." You said motioning them down. They leaned forward and you tilted their head up. A small oval button hidden from view. You pressed it. "Okay, there. That should stop the switching, but you can both talk." You stated and put a ketchup bottle in your basket.

"I agree with Moon. What are you making,
(Y/N)?" Sun asked. It sounded weird since Moon was in control. Then leaned over gingerly picking a mustard bottle up and scanning it. "This food is fattening." Moon mumbled. You chuckled lightly. "I'm not making anything. These are just randomized groceries depending on when and why I want to use them. Then again, I do want to make dinner at home. What to make, though..."

"Fried rice!"

You looked up with a shocked look. You weren't expecting that. You felt a small side of you wanting to smile and praise them. Like a doting mother. You resisted it.

You shook your head mentally and smiled softly. You looked away and you gave a throaty chuckle. That didn't sound half bad. "Sure why not? Luckily, I have an assistant to look up recipes for the best kind." You said winking. They gasped and you picked up the ketchup and mustard bottles. Reaching further down, you picked up the hot sauce. The two quietly mumbling about recipes as their changes flashed with tabs from different sites.

____

You went to the local automotive store to get a specific oil. It's basic motor oil in a general sense, but Bunny won't drink it if it isn't Pennzoil. They have the high mileage oil that he really loves. Normally, you can get it at the store you buy your normal groceries in at the automotive section.

You sighed as you passed by tall shelves. The boys silently walking behind you. When you finally found it you let out a sigh of relief. "Thank god they have it," you breathed out.

"Dust Bunny is not a car, he is not even made for transportation." Moon stated. His eyes flashed blue for a second. "No, but this is the only one he drinks. I don't usually give it to him on account of the high mileage. He gets small doses so he doesn't act like a toddler on a sugar high." you explained.

He nodded understanding why you give it him, but tried to understand why you treated robots like they were more than just programming.

Maybe there was more to you than you were letting on. Both Moon and Sun decided the best course of action was to get to the bottom of it. The hard part was letting you see nothing out of the ordinary. You clearly had a lot more to handle than he knew. He'd admit, your plate was full and he honestly didn't want to see what was for dessert.