Ch. 10

[ edited ]

Friday, April 1st, 8:28 pm
A/N: If those irls that read my stories and don't tell me about it read the chapter after this, pretend I don't exist in school. Thank you.

"I'm home!" I yelled into the noise of my family home. As per usual, Harmonia came and gave me a big hug, but as for the rest of my sisters, and my parents, they were all causing chaos in the kitchen.

"Rhea, why did you mix lemonade powder with milk?"

"I thought it would taste good!"

"How would that taste good?!"

"I don't know!"

"Iris, sweetie, I know you're sick, but please get some napkins for everybody"

"I'm petting Rocko".

"He's a rock, sweetie".

"Don't hurt Rocko's feelings!"

"ATHENA! NO SEXTING WHILE WE'RE COOKING! I ONLY WANT TALK OF ONE WHITE SAUCE ON PASTA DAY!"

"IT'S LUKAS'S WAY OF SELF EXPRESSION! ALL JOKES DAD I PROMISE!"

"WHY IS THERE A PURPLE EGGPLANT ON YOUR SCREEN?! WHAT KIND OF ART IS THAT?!"

I snorted. Harmonia dragged me through the hallway, and, to my surprise, the table was somehow already done up. Iris was wearing a blue hospital mask, looking absolutely famished and quite pale, a painted rock faithfully at her side, and Rhea was setting down drinks, while mom was putting out food on the table and dad was pouring out the aforementioned lemonade milk into the sink.

Athena was on her phone, texting furiously, but she set it down after a few moments to sit herself down, her cheeks bright red. I smiled to myself.

"Hello my dear family" I said, taking my prime seat between Athena and mom's chairs. They all murmured or nodded their hellos, and I bobbed my head, waiting patiently.

Once food was all ready, we dove in. As per usual, Iris somehow managed to grab everything first, Harmonia second, Rhea third, dad fourth, me fifth, Athena sixth, and mom last.

We all started to munch and I finally found my opportunity to ask the question I was dreading to ask.

"Hey mom? And dad?" I said through a mouthful of caesar salad.

They both hummed in acknowledgment, and I cleared my throat.

"Can I go to Blake's party tonight?".

All the clinking in the room stopped, and everybody turned their heads to stare at me. I scratched the back of my head. "What?" I asked awkwardly, a blush creeping up my neck.

"You are going to a party? A high school party?" Iris blurted. Mom shushed her as I frowned. "Don't be rude, Iris. Sure, you can go to Blake's party honey" mom said softly, putting a hand softly on my arm.

"Don't get too drunk, I don't want vomit on the floor" dad offered as tribute to the conversation, shoveling some more pasta into his mouth. Harmonia giggled.