Yonnae

A fog engulfs the entirety of the quadrangle after the sudden disappearance of the Alphas' daughters. Blood Moon pack members start collapsing left and right, causing panic to erupt within the vicinity. People's screams fill the air as Elina and the other guardians quickly proceed to help those who fell to the ground, carrying most of the victims outside the premises. Confusion and terror are evident on everyone's faces.

"Son! This scent. It's a sedative!" the former Alpha tells his son.

Chris's eyes widen and he immediately commands, "everyone, hold your breaths and get outside the pack house vicinity! There's a sedative in the air."

Leandre still stands in the middle of the quadrangle, staring at where Nikki, Valerie, and Sandy disappeared from in disbelief. He has just gotten closer with his mate, only to have her taken away from him.

"Leandre!" Jace calls, gaining Leandre's attention. "We'll find them as soon as we get to safety. Hurry!"

Everyone remains outside the pack house gates. The guardians, omegas, and healers tend to the children and pre-teens who have yet to develop their tolerance to strong herbs. The warriors—sentinels, scouts, and hunters—gathered in a different area and stood in attention, awaiting their Alpha's orders. Alpha Chris stands in front of them along with Alpha Roberts, his parents, the Beta and Gamma.

"Scouts, communicate with the neighboring packs and check the neighboring towns for intruders. Sentinels, check the area. There is still a possibility they're around our pack's territory. Warriors, you assist the scouts in checking with the neighboring packs and towns. Gamma, take over," Chris demands, gritting his teeth at the sudden twist of events.

In another area is an agitated and pacing Leandre. His eyes keep switching from their natural gray tone to darkened ones. His heart is beating faster and his head starts to hurt.

"Leandren, calm down. We'll go home and we'll find them." Luna Cassie tries to soothe his panicked state. "Yvette has already contacted the Nycthopian Witch Coven. They've already sent a witch here."

"Mom, do you hear yourself right now? My mate, her sister and my little sister have gone missing. Sandy, your daughter, is missing. How can you be so calm right now? I can't just sit here and wait. I need to find them."

"Son, we need to be level headed here. I've already contacted the Beta. We'll be having an emergency pack meeting in thirty minutes." Alpha Roberts informs them. "I'll take my leave first. I'll be back when we find more news."

Leandre nodded his head in understanding, but his thoughts were already going all over the place. 'I know Sandy can fend off enemies. We've been training together since we were young. I'm more worried about Nikki. She's only just found out about werewolves and witches. She can't handle any more stress.'

"Take care, dear," Luna Cassie says, leaving a small peck on the Alpha's cheek.

---

"What do you mean they were kidnapped?!?" Leila shrieks as she drives into Lyra Town. She has been sent by the coven as the Temple representative in Zinnia's stead. Zinnia had just informed her of the tragedy that occurred during the Alpha's little sister's initiation ceremony.

This is bad. I haven't told Aunt Zinnia about the 'Stone of Life' Nicole possessed. Only Alpha Summers and I knew about it though. Is it possible the information I revealed accidentally got leaked? Or maybe I'm reading too much into things?

"I said what I said, Leila. Please hasten your driving. One of their scouts is waiting for you at the Lyra Town signage. I expected you to arrive there an hour earlier. What happened?" Zinnia grumbles but nevertheless curious.