Wedding Night

It was nighttime when Kaia walked out of her office building. She pulled out her phone and looked at the address that Alex sent her. She couldn't fully trust her driver since he worked for her family and not just her. She didn't want her family to learn about her marriage to Alex, which she had done behind their backs. At least, for now.

While Kaia was deep in thought, a Silver GT4 Porsche pulled up in front of the building. The window on her side rolled down, revealing Alex's gorgeous face. Kaia looked at him, startled. "Mr. Sabor, why are you all the way over here? Isn't your office on the other side of town?" she asked, leaning down to rest her arms on the window. Alex grinned looking at her. "C'mon, I just thought I'd pick up my lovely wife." He looked around, then motioned for her to sit in the passenger seat. "Hurry, while no one's watching..."

Hearing this, Kaia jumped lightly and hit her head on the top of the car window with a wince. She stood up, rubbing the back of her head as she walked around and opened the passenger door. She slid into the seat and gently pulled the belt across her body. Sitting quietly in the passenger seat, she stared out of the window at the night sky. While she thought Alex wasn't watching, she sneaked a peek at him. This man was her husband. Any woman would be elated if such a man stole their heart and yet, she still had a tad bit of uncertainty in her. Especially since their falling out during high school.

Alex could feel her eyes on him as he drove. He glanced over at her from the corner of his eyes and smirked. "If you keep looking at me like that I'll kiss you again," Alex teased, as he turned onto a road with a massive gated area up ahead. Kaia blinked and turned her head around quickly, looking back out the window as he pressed a button that was on the sun visor. The massive gilded gate slowly opened.

Alex lived in a small villa near the ocean. The villa was two stories high with a box-shaped feel. The color scheme was tannish with an accent of white. Some Christmas lights were hanging from the side of the roof, showing where he looked like he tried. On the backside of the villa was a pool that blended with the color of the sea. The colors matched perfectly. The view was also incredible. The villa was a little ways up a hill so even if the sea rose, it wouldn't bother them.

Kaia looked at him once more. "You have a nice place," she commented while looking over the house. With a grin, Alex parked the car and stepped out. He chuckled. "No, we have a nice place."

Kaia stepped out of the car, closing the door. She walked up to the front of the car before stopping. She looked up at Alex with a bit of uncertainty, before saying, "I have another rule..." She hesitated before continuing, "Although this might be a contract-type marriage, please don't cheat on me." She slowly glanced at him, wondering what his reaction would be. Alex walked around to meet her in front of the car. He gently placed his index finger under her chin, making her look up at him. "From the moment we signed those papers, I became exclusive to only you," he said gently and with heartfelt sincerity. Kaia blushed as she moved away from him and gave a slight nod. "O--okay." She would trust him for now. She didn't know why but just hearing his words made her happy.

They ate dinner and sat in the living room together, talking about random things. Kaia pulled her legs up and curled into a ball on the couch. Alex was also doing the same thing. They had a blanket sprawled out over both of them, sharing each other's warmth as they chatted. Kaia looked at Alex and asked, "So what's the story with the Christmas lights?" She laid back into the soft cushion of the couch. Alex smiled as he leaned his chin onto the palm of his hand. "Well, I have a five-year-old nephew and a three-year-old niece. I was going to decorate the whole house for when they visit in two weeks for Christmas, but that was as far as I got before work called me in...and I guess I just never finished," he said with a gentle smile. Kaia smiled seeing how caring he still was. The warmth from their shared blanket started to make the both of them feel drowsy.

Alex looked at her and smiled softly. "You know, you look especially lovely when you smile. You should try it more." He stood up and swooped her into his arms carefully. Kaia wanted to protest but her arm instinctively wrapped around his neck as he carried her to the room next to the stairs. Once they were inside Alex's bedroom, Alex sat her down on the bed and tucked her into bed. Seeing her look up at him from that spot like a helpless kid, he blushed. Her actions were just too cute! He might end up falling for this woman all over again! Again... His breathing faltered and smiled wistfully. It was a good thing he married her then.

Kaia looked up at him and patted the other side of the bed. "Come share your body heat," she murmured. He blinked, startled. Just this morning, this woman told him not to touch her and now she wanted him to "share his body heat" with her. He shrugged helplessly at the thought and walked over to the other side of the bed and climbed in as well. They were married after all. He respectfully stayed on his side of the bed. On the other hand, Kaia turned towards him and scooted closer, entangling her body with his, her head resting on his arm with her eyes closed.

Alex let out a small sigh of contentment while gazing at her delicate features. A gentle smile formed on his lips as he leaned in to kiss her forehead. "Goodnight Mrs. Sabor," he whispered before closing his eyes. He couldn't believe the turn of events. He felt like he had died and went to heaven.

Kaia didn't understand this feeling of wanting him close. She thought she had gotten rid of these feelings years ago. She couldn't help but think back to their first kiss. It was after school hours when she stayed behind to clear the blackboard for the teacher. Being smart, Kaia skipped three grades, which landed her in the same grade as Alex. During his school days, he was distant, especially in the beginning after he just returned from studying abroad. Kaia remembered that she had been singing a song while cleaning the blackboard. Out of nowhere, Alex appeared behind her and frightened her. She smiled to herself, remembering how embarrassed she had felt. Growing up, Kaia always knew they would end up being rivals just because of their family's feud with each other. But, Alex didn't care. No one ever made her heartbeat as he did. Maybe that's why it was so easy for her to agree to marry him...