My Husband is My Rival

Kaia sniffed the air with a soft groan as she pulled her head up from the pillow. Something smells good, she thought. Her brown hair was tousled and messy. She blinked and looked around. Not seeing Alex in the room, she threw the covers off and stood up. She stretched with a yawn as she walked into the living room. Her things had been delivered early that morning, so her boxes were piled up by the doorway.

Turning her head towards the open-view kitchen, she saw Alex holding a frying pan with a spatula. He flipped the contents of the pan upside down before noticing Kaia. He glanced at her messy hair, then at her black tight-fitting tank top and baggy pajama pants, and chuckled. "Are you the CEO I married yesterday?" Kaia blinked, looking down at her clothes and then back at him. "Yes, so what? Did you marry me for my status?" she retorted while walking into the kitchen. Alex grinned, setting the pan down and turning the stove off before turning to her. "No, what I meant is that you're even more beautiful without the whole Demon CEO mask on." He chuckled lightly. Kaia glared at him before breaking into an awkward smile and smacking his arm. "Shut up. So...what are you making?" she asked eagerly while looking into the frying pan.

Pancakes! Blueberry pancakes at that! Her favorite!

Kaia blinked, taken back by this man once again. But then she remembered something and glared up at him. "How did you know I liked blueberry pancakes?" she asked suspiciously while crossing her arms. Once again, Alex chuckled as he moved to stand in front of her. "Well, I was sleeping so well until someone started mumbling a whole bunch of things about blueberry pancakes in her sleep. I even had to wipe the drool from my arm!" He laughed, grabbing a plate from the cabinet. He swiftly shifted the pancakes onto it before handing them to her. "Sadly, I can't stay to eat. I have an early meeting at 12," he explained, before walking towards the living room. "Oh yea, the house is yours as well so don't hesitate to look around and explore. Oh, and don't be late for work." He grinned, grabbing his suit jacket and slipping it on. He tied his hair back on one side again. He really did look like model material.

She nodded and took a bite of her pancakes while watching him leave. "MMMMM....!!!" She stared at the pancakes as if she could cry. They were delicious and fluffy. They didn't even need syrup to eat. She inhaled the heavenly scent and smiled happily. It was an impulse to get married to him, but she had a feeling she wouldn't regret it, or at least that was the way she felt at the moment.

After finishing her pancakes, she went back upstairs to take a shower and get ready for work. Today, she wore a brown suit paired with a purple button-on top with ruffles that went from big to small down the front of the shirt. The shirt was simple and covered everything but still accented her chest area. She did a simple look for her makeup, then pulled her hair to the side, pinning the back so it wouldn't move before adding some curls. Once she was done, she checked that everything was neat and perfect in the mirror before leaving.

She opened the door and walked a few meters before hearing someone call out, "Mrs. Sabor!" Kaia was startled and out of reflex, she swung her hand back and smacked the person dead in the center of his face. The man cleared his throat before fixing his glasses. "I'm Zac, Mr. Sabor's driver. He told me to take you to work today..." he said hastily. Zac held up his hand showing her a key. "He also instructed me to give you a key to the house." Kaia froze, covering her mouth with a guilty expression. "I'm so sorry! And uhm...thank you," she said sheepishly, before following him into the car that was prepared.

She sat in the backcrossing her legs as she pulled out her phone. She pressed on Alex's name and began to type him a message. Hey! I got the key...and you could have told me about Zac! He scared me half to death! I might've...hit him... She pressed send, then set her phone down on her lap and looked out the window at the scenery.

A few moments later Alex, who was in a meeting, looked down at his phone when he saw it light up. He opened the message that Kaia sent and as he read the contents a smile appeared on his face. He replied I'm dying of laughter!!! Hahaha! I wish I could've been there to see it XD before looking back up and seeing the whole conference room staring at him in bewilderment. All the workers present knew that he never looked at his phone during a meeting, much less smiling after reading the contents of a message. Everyone in the room got a bit worried. What did he see that made him smile like that? They had never seen him like this and wanted to know what the secret was to making him smile so they could stay on his good side.

One employee spoke out. "Um... Mr. Sabor, are you alright?" She asked softly, blinking. Alex nodded. "Sorry, It was my wife..." It took a second to click in for everyone before the whole room went up in an uproar.

Today was a busy day for Kaia. Her company signed not only three new models but also a singing group. She sat at her desk looking over some papers before hearing a knock on her door. She looked up and saw Naomi walking in with flowers and a bag filled with take-out. Kaia tilted her head slightly and asked, "Naomi what is all this?" Naomi grinned and placed it on her desk. "The delivery person said they were addressed to you saying to eat up and have a great day. Love, your hubby." Naomi looked her over and her expression stiffened after seeing Kaia smile. "I thought you didn't like Caine. Now you're getting all ooey-gooey with him..." she said in a slightly disgusted manner. Kaia looked up quickly when she heard Caine's name and shook her head vigorously. "No! It's not like that at all!" She laughed. "Naomi, my dear friend, remember when I canceled my appointments yesterday?" she asked, as she placed the flowers in a vase and set them on top of the windowsill.

Naomi looked at her with curiosity as she nodded her head slowly. "Yesss..." she said while stretching out the words to show her confusion. Kaia looked at her friend who was confused, with a smile. "Well, I got married...but not to Caine!" she said with a mischievous twinkle in her eye as she pulled out her phone. Naomi stood there frozen, the words she was looking for were completely stuck in her throat. "What?!?" she suddenly exclaimed. Kaia nodded. "Yep, you heard me. The person I got married to wasn't Caine...it's Alexander Sabor," she casually said. Hearing Alex's name made Naomi freeze up even more. She blinked before walking around the room a few times as if to process her thoughts.

After a few minutes, she stopped and looked at Kaia. "Girl! You know he's your rival, right?! Not to mention in high school he had you half-naked before telling you he had a fiancee!" Naomi said indignantly. Kaia blinked somewhat startled by her friend's bluntness and slowly nodded. "Yes, that is true, but we agreed that work stays at work, and homestays at home. Also, we're keeping it a secret, so don't tell anyone." Kaia gazed at her phone then back up at Naomi, "Now that you mention it, I wonder what happened to his old fiancee," she said before returning her gaze to her phone and messaging thanks to Alex.

After her message was sent, she pulled out the lunch and looked at Naomi. "Come and eat with me, Naomi." She smiled as she handed her the top of the box and placed some of the food on it for her. Naomi stared at her quizzically before letting out a small sigh and sitting down in front of the desk. She took a fork and the top of the box that held the food before looking back a Kaia. "If he hurts you this time, I won't hesitate to castrate," Naomi said in a serious tone while taking a bite of the food. Naomi was always defensive toward Kaia. Kaia let out a small laugh. "Alright then. He seems pretty different from back then so don't fret too much."

Meanwhile, Alex sat at his desk. Hearing a knock and seeing Zac in the doorway, he placed his papers down while looking at Zac. "I'm sorry about your face, Zac" Alex said apologetically towards him. "Also, find me whatever you can on Kaia's ex-fiance." His gaze slowly darkened upon mentioning Kaia's ex-fiance. I'll make him pay for thinking of putting his dirty hands on her, he thought to himself. He had overheard the conversation Kaia had with her mother over the phone yesterday before he saved her. He also remembered the reaction Kaia had the other day, and wouldn't let it go unnoticed. Zac nodded. "Yes, sir." That was all that was needed to be said between the two of them.