Chapter:- 19

Avni khanna

"I am here, Neil. With you." I assured him. I roamed my hands on his hairs, he looked up from my neck, his face was hardened.

Taking a sharp breathe he begin "Being a khanna surely makes you born with gold spoon in your mouth but it also doesn't give you the permission to live your life the way you want it. It all started when my grandfather's best friend Rajendra Desai deceived him, I mean my grandfather Harshvardhan Khanna. They both started a company together, my grandfather gives all the financial support because Desai didn't had money. He didn't belong to the upper class society but my grandfather never made him feel that way. The company was surely doing great in the market but when the board members of the company decided to make my grandfather CEO as it was obvious because my grandfather had 45% shares of the company and the ability to run it well; Rajendra Desai didn't took it well. Everything changed then. He stole all the project plans of our company and sold them to rivals that lead to downfall of company making it shut."

"But it only affected my grandfather and his family. Rajendra Desai was sky rocketing that time with the money he gained by deceiving my grandfather. Hard-earned money of my grandfather and my family. Well technically it was because he was invested in the company not only financially but emotionally. When he asked help from his friend, what he did, you know?" Neil dryly chuckled.

"He kicked my Dadu out saying who allowed beggars in his house! The man who supported that Desai when he needed support in his worst, not only financially but emotionally; that fucker called him beggar just because he didn't have had money. Desai told him that he was with my grandfather because of money. He had no shame calling himself a greedy fellow because that's what whole world is. Dadu's emotions doesn't matter to him. There my grandfather failed in everything. His family had lost everything. A few pennies and newly married wife beside him with a small house, that's all he had. After the bankruptcy, my great-grandfather had heart attack and he died, so does my great-grandmother in the grief of her late husband and seeing the hard work of the family who once was was the top most in 50's that went into vein." He had an unreadable emotions in his eyes. His eyes darkened with agony, anger and grief. He averted his gaze from me to the the glass window, viewing the the dark sky mirroring his state. He was taking his time to continue and I gave him as much as he wanted.

I really feel bad for him. No one deserves this. Just for money. Who would've known the family who has rich history, who has contributing so much to country when it needed during the battles of independence, the one who is the most powerful family of the world had gone through this much to establish their this huge empire.

He faced me again with the eyes full of pain and continued "But Dadu didn't stopped,he started again and this time he was alone. With all the loan and help of their some of great business associates; he was back in the market after hardwork of 5 years; that's Khanna empire. In all this time my grandmother was their for him, stood beside him like a rock. Her trust in him, loyalty for him and love for him; made him the biggest business tycoon of the country during 60's." He smiled with teary red eyes but a single tear didn't slip from his since he started with his family history. The smile; surely he's remembering his grandparents. The power couple. A small smile tucked on my face also. They're hella strong indeed.

"But again Rajendra Desai knocked my grandfather's door in order to ask help because all the stolen money he had, was finished. His business was shut. No one was there to help him because everyone knew by the time that what he did to Dadu. But Dadu wasn't a emotional fool this time like the last time who trusted that Desai and gave equal powers in the company; the one who treated him like his own brother, he had lost everything once, so he denied Desai for any kind of help; that's his karma."