What Happend?

Edric's POV

I was awoken by a chirping noise, I stood up from the couch and walked over to the window where I saw Hunter's pailsman so I opened the window to let him in, "Hey, Flapjack. What are you doing here?" I watched as he carried a paper in his beak, "What's this?" I grabbed it and opened it up and read what it said,

Dear, Edric,

Hi, so I'm grounded till next week. Belos tried to get me to tell him where I actually was last night but I refused to tell him so he grounded me and if I do go out it will only be as the Golden Guard and I will have another guard watching me at all times. So until I'm free, we wont be able to see each other. Please don't try to save me, I already know that your plotting a way to come and get me. It would just put you in danger and I think you can manage a week without me. Anyways ill see you soon but for now bye.

Love, Hunter

I put the note down and looked at Flapjack, "Is he ok?" He tweeted again and looked at me while nodding his head up and down, "That's good, at least Belos didn't hurt him." I smiled until I saw the small red bird look down like he was upset, "He did hurt him, didn't he?" The pailsman sat there while I remembered all the other scars Hunter had on him, I knew I should have just asked him about it instead of putting it to the side and forgetting about it. I grabbed a pen off of the side table and turned the note over to write on the back, after I was done I rolled it back up and gave it to Flapjack. "Here, take this back to Hunter." I took him back to the window and watched as he flew off.

I walked back to the couch and sat down, a few moments later I heard someone heading into the living room, I looked over to see Luz entering the room. "Oh, hey Edric, I didn't know you were still here." She said as she sat down next to me, "Yea, I fell back to sleep when Hunter left this morning." I sighed and then she turned to me looking concerned, "Hey, are you ok?" "I-I'm fine." Luz smiled and said "No, your not, what's wrong?" I sat back in the couch and said "Hunter is in trouble because of our date last night." "Oh, I'm sorry, what happened?"

I looked at her and said "He said that Belos was angry because he never came back last night, so he said that he's grounded until next week." She chuckled a bit and said "That's all?" "No, you don't understand Luz, I-I think Belos might be hurting him." She stopped smiling and looked at me concerned, "What do you mean?" "I mean, have you seen the bruises and cuts on him?" She shook her head, "Well, he is the Golden Guard, he fights monsters like every day." I sighed loudly because I was kind of annoyed.

"He's talked about how Belos is, he's scared of him." "I don't know Edric, mabey your just jumping to conclusions." She stood up and put both hands on my shoulders and said, "I'm sure he is fine, don't worry he can handle himself." I stood up pushing her a bit out of the way, "Whatever, I'm leaving." I walked out the door and I could hear Luz yelling for me to come back but I just kept walking.

I made it back home where I snuck back upstairs to my room without mom noticing, a few minutes later there was a knock on my door, "Come in." I said as I looked at the door to see who it was, "Hey." Luckily it was Emira, "Hey." She took a seat on my bed while I sat at my desk. "So, how did last night go?" I smiled rembering mine and Hunter's date last night. "It was great, but he kind of got in trouble for not going home last night." Emira went from smiling to looking concerned.

"Is he ok?" I smiled and said "Yea, he's fine." I didn't really want to mention my whole Belos hurting him theory, yet. She smiled again and asked, "Did you want to go with Vinney and I to get some Ice Scream? Dad gave me some money." I laughed and said "Yea, sure. Let me just get changed." She left back to her room and I changed my clothes and grabbed my bag, then I went to see if Emira was ready.

I walked downstairs and saw Emira by the door waiting for me, "Come on, lets go." We both started walking out of the door as Emira said "Bye mom, Edric and I will be back later." We went on our way to meet Vinney in town.

Authors Note: First off, Thank you for 1k reads, that means so much to me. Second of all I'm sorry if I misspelled Vinney's name. And lastly, I heard that TOH is only gonna have one more season and then its done and I'm sad and cant function so I'm going to put all I have into this fan fiction to keep from crying. Ok that's all anyways enjoy the chapter.